What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It wasn't today but... Guardians of the Galaxy.

I didn't think much of it, to be honest. I didn't dislike it but I certainly didn't think it was anything special. I felt the same about The Avengers, though, so I guess I'm just not really invested in superhero movies.

I watched Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995). Part 1 of the latest Gamera Trilogy, nice reboot with Gyoas vs. Gamera only missed the gold theme song :(

Also Benji how would you rank every scooby doo flick you've seen so far?

Looking forward to it Benji!

Also, I've watched The Pleasure Garden (1925), Alfred Hitchcock's first film! And it's alright nothing special but I had to watch it because my Hitchcock journey has finally started! Never expected to see a man drown a woman, a man trying to kill a woman with a sword and a man getting shot in a 20's movie and with it all happening on screen.

Just finished Jurassic World. It was... okay. Dinosaurs were awesome, especially their action scenes, human characters not so much. A lot of it was stretching the logic to unacceptable lengths, I think, even by Jurassic Park standards. Basically whenever there were humans interacting with humans it was not as fun as the dino parts. Last action scene was pretty great, though.

Jurassic World was great. A couple of tired cliches here and there, but well worth a watch. Probably the best film after the original.

Despite the warnings of the films, if they ever could actually open up an actual dinosaur theme park, they totally should, just saying.

Yeah the next two are the same, although the first acts aren't as strong. It's typical horror though, showing the monster nearly always negatively impacts the movie. It's why Paranormal Activity haven't done the show and tell in five films.