What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Psycho [1960] whilst hilariously OTT at times, is still an amazing film, and I can absolutely see why it's considered a classic of the genre having finally watched it in full. Anthony Perkins is something else in this. Great stuff.

Finally got round to watching Interstellar.

Absolutely loved it. Had pretty much everything I could want from a film. I was a little cautious going in because most people I know had said they liked it but that the end portion was stupid, didn't make sense or too weird.

I thought it made complete sense and while the concept may be a little out there, it is science fiction after all and honestly, I thought it tied the whole thing together really well.

Today I've watched: Catch Me If You Can (2002), amazing and funny! One of my favorite Spielberg movies! And The Name of the Rose (1986) was alright! I never thought Perlman could get any uglier but he could!

Also, Benji how many Scooby films are there?

Polytechnique left me numb. It's only 75 minutes long, but it's so incredibly emotive, I think it'll really stay with me. It's about the Montreal Massacre, where someone set out to murder people he believed to be feminists. It's directed by Dennis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Enemy), and it's shot in incredible black & white, which takes the decision to remove the colour of blood from the film, which somehow puts emphasis elsewhere and still manages to really shock you. Would really recommend it, preferred it go Gus Van Sant's Elephant, although they are totally different films.

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Safety Not Guaranteed? It was written and directed by the same team that's doing Jurassic World. It was pretty fun, enjoyed Jack Johnson and Aubrey Plaza's performances specifically, plus it was really pretty charming in the funkiness at times. I'm hoping this means I'll enjoy Jurassic World as well tomorrow!

• Like 2