What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It had a few fun pieces, though.

Calvary was fucking great. From the first line in the dialogue, it really is a wonderful way to spend 100 minutes.

Pitch Perfect 2 was so weird. The a capella performances were fun, but everything in-between was super clunky and weirdly written. The editing was weird, too, I kept on feeling that I had missed a chunk of a scene because it felt so directionless. The singing stuff was fun as I said, though. Film was almost redeemed for me with the part with Rebel Wilson's solo.

I was about to say I can't be the only person that liked Seven Psychopaths. It's absolutely bonkers, and I love that about it.

I think the only problem I had with it is it pales in comparison to In Bruges. If I didn't realise it was the same guy I'd quite probably have enjoyed it a lot more.

I was hoping that this Friday's update of Sky Movies on Demand would produce a couple of awesome films that I had really wanted to see but missed at the cinema for some reason... After all, I HAVE TWO FILMS LEFT TO GO!

What do I get?

The Equalizer.

Think Like a Man Too

The Package

Blegh. :(

Oh man, My Neighbor the Yamadas is beautiful! It's styled unlike any other film I've seen, the combination of a non-narrative structure with animation that looks like it was drawn among the margins of someone's textbook is amazing. I still haven't seen an Isao Takahata-directed film I haven't fallen in love with.

Spare Parts - Really good true story film about a group of kids from an Arizona school who entered a national robotics competition - despite them having no budget or experience - against college students. Has George Lopez, Marisa Tomei, and Jamie Lee Curtis in it. One thing they changed for the movie is that George Lopez's character is really two people rolled into one.

Edited by GhostMachine

I didn't like it as much, either. Have you seen Rope, Benji? Watch Rope if you haven't, it's my favourite Hitchcock / Stewart movie!

Wow, Survivor is so bad. It's especially bad considering I was on such a good roll of watching good films one after the other, too.