What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Friday the 13th [1980] is solid. Nice to finally watch it. It's especially nice to watch the "teen slasher" flick without the awareness of the genre causing the makers to shade it all as goofy parody.

If you like cheesy slashers I'd say go watch the series through Part VII. Part VI in particular is really good and easily the best of the series. Stop before Jason Takes Manhattan, though. No one should have to put themselves through watching that or anything beyond it for that matter. They really got into the "just give us your money" trap with that.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill
  • Like 2

I've seen Jason X, Freddy VS Jason and the newest iteration of it, I prefer the first two because they're not just cheesey slashers, they've got a cheesey gimmick too (Jason X in particular is fucking hilarious). I have the first three original FT13s recorded from Sky so I'll probs watch them and leave the others until another time.

• Like 1

So, I'm here watching Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit and there's something weird going on with Keira Knightley. It seems that in her attempting to do an American accent, whenever she speaks, she opens her mouth wider for some reason. And now I can't help but stare at her messed up teeth while she talks. They're mesmerizing.

So I made the mistake of watching one "sports team of misfit kids led to glory by coach who initially doesn't want to be there" film - The Bad News Bears (1976) - and suddenly Stokerina got insistent that I watch ALL FILMS OF THIS TROPE and so yesterday I was subjected to a back-to-back showing of Mighty Ducks (1992) and Little Giants (1994).

I mean sure, they're all short/plesant/easy films and convenient to the Film 365...but it's a bit heavy-handed to watch basically the same film three times in quick succession.

Luckily on Tuesday I went to see Mad Max: Fury Road, which was a nice relief. :shifty: Or should I say, OH WHAT A FILM. WHAT A LOVELY FILM!

• Like 5

Ironman 2 wasn't as good as the first, but I enjoyed it all the same. Trying to round up all the MCU films I haven't seen yet, so onto Ironman 3 shortly! If anyone can direct me to a place on line to watch Winter Soldier and The Dark World, I would appreciate it :P

If you can change your Netflix location, both are available in Australia or the Netherlands.

unblock-us.com has a free one week trial and does this. Moreflicks.com has a database of what's available on what streaming service and in the case of Netflix, which regions.

• Like 1

I just watched one of the strangest movies ever. Fantasy Mission Force (1983) with Jackie Chan in a supporting role because he owed Jimmy Wang Yu. This movie starts with the Japanese capturing 4 generals, including Abraham Lincoln....They try to setup a rescue force but the following people are rejected: Snake Plissken, Rocky Balboa, 007 (Roger Moore) and Karl Maka. They even show pictures of them.....The group they setup is attack by Amazons, vampires, ghosts, Nazi's in muscle cars and it ends with Jackie Chan surviving with half a million dollars.......

Waiting for Armageddon (2009) was an interesting perspective on the worldview which holds to the imminence of the fulfillment of end-times prophecy. I did appreciate that they included an evangelical Christian who hasn't been caught up in apocalyptic fervor. In spite of being an evangelical Christian (and a Southern Baptist at that), I actually don't care to make an assessment as to whether the events which the Scriptures foretell are coming true or not in our present era. This is mostly because I find it irrelevant. If they are coming true, then I'll rejoice at the Second Coming. If they aren't, then I have the hope of Heaven. Still, no need to worry about me–I'm not trying to hasten the Second Coming by trying to make prophecy happen.