What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just watched Wild Card. I enjoy Jason Statham movies because they're brainless fun. This one was less action than I'm used to and to be honest the story was a bit bland. I still loved the fight scenes that there were and the scene with Stanley Tucci was awesome.

• Like 1

Tried to watch Home Sweet Hell, but couldn't get into it. Don't think I even made it 30 minutes in before stopping the DVD player and slapping the disk into the Netflix mailing envelope.

Watched Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon yesterday and it was actually pretty good for a Scooby-Doo cartoon film, it had some fun nods to the material it was parodying, and some fantastic "blink and you'll miss it" cameos of classic Hanna-Barbera.

Also just started 21 Jump Street.

Watched Pasolini's Theorem yesterday. I'd only seen one Pasolini before that (which was Salo...so, yeah), so I was pretty interested in seeing how I felt. The dialogue is so scarce, and he makes his image say so much, which is incredibly effective. With that said, after Terrence Stamp's charismatic stranger leaves, the film definitely drags a little. I definitely found it worthwhile watching, but not something I'd recommend to many people on here unless they liked their European art-house.

I would, however, recommend Weekend (2011) to everyone. It's a stunning film about a a gay couple whose relationship develops over forty-eight hours after having a one-night stand. I was just staggered by the kind of realism the film achieved: from the characters, to the acting, to the delivery of the dialogue. It's just a fantastic piece of cinema, which reminded me of The Before Trilogy at times, which I hope interests a few people on this board to watch it.

Edited by Jimmy

I can't imagine Cold In July being anyone's favourite film, but it's a decent way to waste a couple of hours.

Came across it a few months ago and thought it was pretty good. Obviously forgettable but as far as the straight-to-VOD/Redbox stuff goes it's one of the better ones.

• Like 1

Watched Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon yesterday and it was actually pretty good for a Scooby-Doo cartoon film, it had some fun nods to the material it was parodying, and some fantastic "blink and you'll miss it" cameos of classic Hanna-Barbera.

I used to love the Dynomutt/Blue Falcon cartoons. They were really formulaic like all Hanna-Barbera stuff but it was a fun show when I was a kid.

Watched Wreck It Ralph last night, not the sort of thing I'd usually watch but it was alright.

Just finished Escape Plan which I actually quite liked and features a load of people that I enjoy.

Spooks: The Greater Good was good, but I've seen better espionage films. I only really went because Kit Harington is in it and he's been killing it as Jon Snow this season of Game of Thrones, so wanted to see if he was as good in something else, and he was good in the role to be fair to him.