What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Yeah, like the first Rocky, Rambo is a lot less mindless action than you expect. It's the later entries that really solidified it as a ridiculous parody.

Still though, Rocky IV, he ends the cold war. So it's not all bad.

Yeah, like the first Rocky, Rambo is a lot less mindless action than you expect. It's the later entries that really solidified it as a ridiculous parody.

...I assume Benji saw the fourth Rambo film, not 'First Blood'?

...I assume Benji saw the fourth Rambo film, not 'First Blood'?

No, it was First Blood, I forgot that it wasn't actually called Rambo >_>

I've seen it before but I can't resist turning over to North by Northwest when I spot it on BBC4. The first half of the film is particularly good fun, not to mention silly in places. The second half drifts into proto-Bond mediocrity but has some good set pieces to maintain interest.

Watched Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea last night. Decent film, not the best but one of the better ones they've made. My only issue was that I'm currenty watching the Advancr Generation cartoon, and it's pre-voice actor change, so the new character voices (particularly Brock) really threw me off. Significantly prefer the older voices even though I've heard the new ones before.

Dragon Lord (1982), This Jackie Chan film is still a film of two sides, his later more adventures stunts films mixed with his old style kung fu films. It's a mixed bag but damn that end fight is brutal. The amount of punishment Jackie's body takes is unreal.

I watched Unbroken over the weekend and it were okay. It came off as pretty bog standard inspirational film fare, and from what my friend told me it left out a lot of things like Zamperini's struggles with alcoholism and PTSD after the war. I think including that sort of thing would have possibly made it a better movie, or at the very least a more interesting one.