What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just started watching The Voices. So far, so good.

For reals, this film was the shit. If I was a psycho then this film would be a biopic of my life. The evil cat, the good dog and the slightly unhinged protagonist.

...Yeah I'm afraid it's all downhill for the TNG films after First Contact.

I've still never managed to get all the way through Nemesis. :shifty:

Of all the Trek films (not including the two NuTreks), I try to forget that The Final Frontier, Generations, and Nemesis exist. (Insurrection isn't horrible, but isn't great, either. The other films I mentioned are all the drizzling shits.)

Was forced to watch the remake of Annie last night. Meh. Heidi gave it 5 stars. I gave it 2. The 1982 version was better.

I think we're getting Whiplash next.

Also watched The Good Lie recently, via Redbox. Highly recommend it.

Edited by GhostMachine

Best line of The Final Frontier? "What does got need with a statship?".

Uhuru's fan dance, what happened with her and Scotty, and the very existence of Sybok screams fanfic garbage.

Generations is lovely, damn it!

No real crossover, aside from Kirk and Picard. And Kirk dies because Picard is a pussy who has to get someone else to do his fighting for him. Malcolm McDowell was brilliant (but when is he not?) as the villain, though.

Watching Duck Soup (1933).

I love Groucho Marx so much.

Edit: And Harpo too. I think this was inevitable since I grew up with Animaniacs and the whole thing is like a long Animaniacs sketch.

• Like 1

One for any football fans, and especially those who currently have Sky Movies On Demand - Next Goal Wins (2014) is a documentary film about the American Samoan national football team, most famous for losing 31-0 to Australia, and the Dutch coach who comes in to try and help them out.

It's great stuff, and might make those who think they're bad at Football Manager (Benji? :shifty:) feel better about their achievements!

• Like 1

Watching The Queen (2006) (one of my £0.25 bargains from CEX). What it's mainly doing is reminding me how much I like Michael Sheen and making me want to rewatch The Damned United. :shifty:

Watching The Queen (2006) (one of my £0.25 bargains from CEX). What it's mainly doing is reminding me how much I like Michael Sheen and making me want to rewatch The Damned United. :shifty:

If you like him enough, you can a lot of him naked in Masters of Sex :P