What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

xmen3_bigteaserposter.jpg

X-Men 3: 7/10

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I enjoyed it, but what was the point of Angel? I thought he was at least going to be a semi-main character, but instead he was on screen about, what, five times?

And they've blatantly set it up for a sequel, last one my arse.

B000FAOCGS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V52581932_.jpg

Peaceful Warrior - ** out of ***** (Too lazy to find an actual poster for it, but I assure you that it's the same)

B00005JO0M.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54317248_.jpg

Art School Confidential - ** out of *****

Oddly enough, both movies had the same problems....aside from Nick Nolte.

B000BKVQTS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Brothers Grimm - 4.5/10

On one hand, the humour is reasonably good and the filmmaking is expansive and offbeat. On the other, it's completely predictable and the plot is convoluted. Such is the case for The Brothers Grimm, a film that was finally released after years of delay at just under 2 hours, and probably could have used a bit more. Damon and Ledger play a good comic team, and the film would probably have been better served to use more of their comedic skills as well as director Terry Gilliam's sense of humour. As it is, there's not enough to be enjoyed here and even less to be motivated until the end.

B00005JLXH.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 5/10

Just too many things that nag me about this one: emo kid Hayden Christensen, too much horrid dialogue, all around mehness. To me, this had all the problems of say a Matrix Revolutions. To me, it's kind of hard to watch a nearly three-hour movie for two scenes. Sorry if this sounds like bitching, but to me it was just meh. 5/10 for the action stuff alone.

Edited by just ROC...

B000F5WR4W.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54141215_.jpg

Running Scared - 2/10

So over-the-top that it becomes laughable quickly, the Paul Walker vehicle Running Scared is a violent, sex-infused mess. The mob terminology and the circumstances keep getting more ridiculous as writer/director Wayne Kramer keeps trying to outdo himself in action scenes and ends up totally losing the idea of connecting with the characters. Walker also is weak in his role as Joey Gazelle. In fact, only Chazz Palmenteri comes out of this dreck with a decent performance.

And if you kill Paul Walker...MAKE HIM STAY DEAD.