What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

45 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Watched Ready Player One last night. Absolute crock of shit.

Very polarizing, it seems. I've heard plenty of love/hate opinions and not so much in between. I'd say I'm somewhere in between though. Didn't have great expectations and didn't care that much for it.

I enjoyed the world building in the book, the dialogue less so but was still looking forward to the film. But yeah it's....not good. Even without the cliches it's just far too busy. I spent longer trying to spot the cameos and references than paying attention to the actual plot in any scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones, S4E7 (Mockingbird)
Comments:

• HOT PIE :w00t:
  • Gregor Clegane looks different :shifty:
  • :facepalm: Somehow Robin's still alive.
  • So that's why the Hound's so angry, he just needs a hug :(
  • OK, more sold on rougher-looking Daario :pervert:
  • So I take it Oberyn gets his justice and lives happily ever after? :(Y):
  • YhEcB84.png

On 03/11/2018 at 16:21, livid said:

Apostle is gruesome and weird but I really enjoyed it as well. As much as I love The Raid movies, it's nice to see Gareth Evans do something different. 

I couldn't make it past the first hour of that. I really wanted to dig it, but I just thought it was poorly done. I liked the idea, but it had become a slog. Is the second half interesting? 

19 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I couldn't make it past the first hour of that. I really wanted to dig it, but I just thought it was poorly done. I liked the idea, but it had become a slog. Is the second half interesting? 

Yeah the second half picks up a lot more. You are not wrong about the first half though. I almost stopped watching it as well. 

Edited by livid

General thoughts since my last comment on my GoT watchthrough (currently up to S5E2):

• S4E9, before THE BIG FUCKING BATTLE. Jon Snow and Alliser Thorne putting a temporary stop to their feud, like the idea of ultimately still hating one another but a very grudging respect between the two.
  • OK, like Daario 2.0 more. :wub:
  • S4E10, locking up the dragons, y u do dis to me show? :crying:
  • A man thinks the kindly man at the Hose of Black and White isn't as kindly looking as the books make him.
  • Qyburn better live to see the end of the series. :angry:
  • I assume that Littlefinger's current plan is on the up and up.

Watched the recently completed Orson Welles film The Other Side Of The Wind and followed it up with the doc about the making of They'll Love Me When I'm Dead.

The Other Side of The Wind amazing to look at.

Game of Thrones, S5E6 (Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken)
Comments:

• Am I supposed to dislike the Sand Snakes this much?
  • Seriously, am I?
  • Dorne's not the dirt-worst, but am looking forward to never seeing it on-screen again.
  • Yeah, this episode dragged on. Sole saving grace was Olenna as usual.
  • Especially THAT SCENE.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Seriously, why? If it had to be included, Theon watching could've been cut down considerably. Ideally, cut to credits before it. Even more ideally, cut after Ramsay tore Sansa's dress.

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I will say that the Dorne storyline was universally shit on while the show was airing. But when I just recently re-watched it, it was not nearly as bad as I remembered. 

Minus the Sand Snakes, Dorne's not been the dirt-worst. Thank God Mama Sandsnake isn't showing up in Season 8.

Full movie about southern metal / rock / sludge metal, put up on YouTube by the documentary's creator since he had such a pain in the ass securing distribution. Really neat movie.

• 2 weeks later...