What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Salt 7.7/10..... Not a bad action flick. Actually one of the better female lead action films that I can think of to be honest. The movie never got dull, told a decent enough story to keep it interesting, and had plenty of action. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse. I probably should actually rate it a bit higher. I just don't feel like it.

Grown Ups 8.9/10..... Good film. This is actually where I think Adam Sandler is at his best. He can do sutle humor very well, and does a nice job of playing off of everyone else's over the top characters. I loved each and every single one of the characters in the movie.

Oh come on, Salt was at least a 7.86!

• Like 1

Was it really that good? I mean, when you have to change the GENDER of your main character and give the script a major overhaul it never really breeds something good.

The Evil Dead Trilogy.

Watched the three films over the last week, for the first time ever. Awesome. Army of Darkness was the weakest of the three, I get it was more comedy than horror but still. Dead By Dawn was the best, the scene where Ash is fighting with the severed head was hysterical, and the "Groovy" bit was all kinds of badass. The first was all what the fuck. So fucking gross! And what is with the tree! Can't believe I haven't seen these films sooner.

Up In The Air - 9/10

I'm a sucker for "man is content with his seemingly awesome life but then realises something is missing" films.

When I first read this, I thought " . . . for real?"

Then I realized I was confusing it with this movie.

:lol: I nearly choked on my apple when I saw that and read the synopsis. I kinda wanna see it now.

I saw Micmacs last night. Loved the creativity going into it. The movie was fantastic. A lot of people rave about Amelie, and I really like it, but it wasn't the beyond incredible movie it's perceived as. Although, it's amazingly pretty. This one was much better. I'd give it a 9/10. I still have to check out Delicatessen.

As for today, I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and felt the same way I did with Amelie (although, I did enjoy this one more.) I'd give it an 8/10. Will probably be seeing the sequel on Saturday.

As I grow older, I find that Pulp Fiction just gets better with age, and it's entirely the greatness of the performances involved. The writing is great, obviously, and the storytelling is highly original, but every subtlety of these characters is shown amazingly. Amanda Plummer as Hunny-Bunny playing a truly unstable woman in love with a man clearly controlling her from afar. Travolta as the smarmy Vega. Sam Jackson even after the self-parody of his "acting style" is a legitimately intimidating presence, and the movie is still all around the best film I've ever seen.

• Like 3

I watched The Minus Man today. I had never heard of it before and found it playing on IFC. It was pretty cool to see Owen Wilson playing a mass murderer. It seems like he just plays a toned down version of all of his other characters, but it worked. 8/10

Edited by LNK

Straight from my Facebook status:

Just watched Knowing: what the fuck was that?

So EWB, what the fuck was that indeed? I heard that it was meant to be shit, but typically critics are arty-farty wankers. I didn't plan on watching it, but my mother was and I told her it was shit, but ended up staying to see the aeroplane scene. But then I carried on watching, and I must actually admit, it was decent-to-good.

But then the fucking bollocks with all the aliens and shit came in. What the fuck? Did the CGI department not use up their yearly quota of aliens so they just had to shoe-horn them in? It's like almost as if say they had the script to a normal disaster movie, then they happened to watch The Day The Earth Stood still and went "Hey! I like aliens! that's a good idea!".

I mean, what?.

As a whole I'd probably give it about a 6 or 7/10, mainly just for all but the last 30/45 mins.

So EWB, what the fuck was that indeed? I heard that it was meant to be shit, but typically critics are arty-farty wankers. I didn't plan on watching it, but my mother was and I told her it was shit, but ended up staying to see the aeroplane scene. But then I carried on watching, and I must actually admit, it was decent-to-good.

But then the fucking bollocks with all the aliens and shit came in. What the fuck? Did the CGI department not use up their yearly quota of aliens so they just had to shoe-horn them in? It's like almost as if say they had the script to a normal disaster movie, then they happened to watch The Day The Earth Stood still and went "Hey! I like aliens! that's a good idea!".

I mean, what?.

As a whole I'd probably give it about a 6 or 7/10, mainly just for all but the last 30/45 mins.

That's one of the greatest movies ever to see high. So wonderfully hilarious.

Inception - I think people putting this film on a God tier just killed it for me. To be honest, I didn't think it was anything more than just good. Batman Begins is still the only Nolan film I've ever loved (I still haven't seen The Prestige or Insomnia). I've already been called an idiot by two people for NOT liking Inception. I just don't understand the hype for this one. It had some great acting, memorable moments, but at the end of the day nothing clicked with me. 6.5-7/10. Maybe higher upon a re-watch.

The A-Team - 8/10 Yeah. This was just fun. And that's exactly what I expected from this movie. To just go in and have a whole deal fun with shit blowing up. Bradley Cooper and Sharto Copley shined in their roles and I can happily say I went out of that cinema with a smile on my face. (Y)

The Karate Kid - 7.5/10 - I want to give it an eight for just how good Jackie Chan was in this. I didn't know he had it in him and he gave the film some real emotional ground. Jayden Smith was pretty good and all the fights scene were awesome. Although, they really undersell getting kicked in the face or back body dropped on concrete floor. :P Though, it did go on too long. Had a similar running time to Inception and it was just too long.

I mean, what?.

That's one of the greatest movies ever to see high. So wonderfully hilarious.

I loved that movie, completely sober.

The Crazies....3/10 Typical zombie movie plot for the most part, with no real plot twist......multiple mistakes that corrupt the movie, and an ending that is straight stupid.

Clash of the Titans...... 7/10 I wanted to like the movie more then I did. I love Greek Mythology, so I was naturally into the movie. However the movie at times just seemed to be too over the top,and is the first movie EVER where I felt Liam Neeson didn't do a great job acting. However I was pleasantly surprised that I grew to like a lot of the supporting characters and Sam Worthington played a perfectly acceptable action flick star.