What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Happening - Mark Wahlberg is awesome/10

Not only is it a horrible movie, but Marky Mark turned in the funniest performance he has ever turned in ever. It's as if a 10 year old child had taken over him and he couldn't keep his thoughts inside his head. Hysterical. And watching the gag reel, he insulted M. Night to his face to a sheepish laugh. It was beautiful. My respect for Marky Mark has risen for not taking this movie seriously by any means.

Occasionally my girlfriend and I give each other a "What!?! No!" delivered in the Wahlberg style. Thanks Marky...

From that quote to "GIVE ME A SECOND!" to "BE SCIENTIFIC, DOUCHEBAG!" this movie will be memorable amongst my group of friends. :D

The Uninvited

If someone throws anything with Arielle Kebbel in my way, I'd jump at the chance of watching it anyway, but I wasn't expecting this to be so good.

Within about twenty minutes of the film starting, I felt there'd be some sort of twist by the end. I was right in that sense, but it was something I'd never thought of being possible until the film pieced everything together for me.

Brilliant film, brilliant ending.

Edited by Baddar

Extraordinary Measures: 5/10

It was entertaining enough for the optimist in me, Fraser wasn't horrible, but wasn't very good either. Ford was pretty good too, but I think the main thing I liked about the movie was the science. Might have possibly been higher rated, but:

The fact that they added Ford's character so they had a "wacky unconventional" doctor and changed the children's ages to the point where they could go at any second(they're 7 and 13 months in the true story)

drug down some points for me.

Daybreakers - 6/10 I'd heard some bad things about it, but ultimatley, I ended up liking it. Ethan Hawke and Willem Defoe are really quite good in their roles, especially Hawke. I think the whole thing looked really good and I liked the idea. There was some tension, maybe some unintentional laughs - but the story, at points, just fell flat. At times it felt rushed and some parts in the story seemed pointless. But overall, it was a fun movie - and I definitely smell a sequal.

Numbahs - You watch so many movies. I just wish you'd give some idea of how you come to give them the rating you do though. Then I'll know whether or not to watch it.

Watched "27 Dresses" earlier. Good film considering you know how it's going to end as soon as it begins, but it has Katherine Heigl in it, so it can't be bad, right?

Edited by Baddar

Watched "27 Dresses" earlier. Good film considering you know how it's going to end as soon as it begins, but it has Katherine Heigl in it, so it can't be bad, right?

Excuse me, what?

Excuse me, what?

ugly_truth_ver2.jpg

100Girls20006f130.jpg

valentine-movie-poster-small.jpg

Should I go on?

Edited by ROC

To stop myself from spending all night on a review, I'll tackle criticism in a different way. Haiku...

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans - ** out of *****

Nic Cage, drug zombie

Overact to save the film

'Til the break of dawn

Departures - **** out of *****

Slow, heart string tugger

Will be a bore to some folk

Others will praise it

Edited by Numbahs
  • Like 3

Am I right in thinking that she's the one whose apparently an absolute bitch to all the people she worked with? I remember reading something from Apatow & Rogen about how she was a total bitch to the people she worked with.

Daybreakers * out of *****

Awful, awful execution of a pretty damn good idea. I went in expecting big things from this one considering that the trailor really looked absolutely bad ass, but instead all I got was a bunch of WALKING to start off that really only lent itself to showing the style of clothes people were wearing. The movie dragged and dragged and was far too gorey for no reason. Seriously it felt like I was in the theater for for hours and I wanted to leave after the first twenty minutes.

The Lovely Bones ***1/2 out of *****

I didn't get to hear everything because a buddy of mine likes to TALK a lot during movies. It was pretty good, and fucked up at the same time.

The Book of Eli **** out of *****

Awesome, awesome fight scenes and the film had a great look. I thought all of the acting was performed rather brilliantly. I'm going to see this one again.

Sherlock Holmes **** out of *****

I greatly enjoyed this one, probably one of the most fun films I've watched in a very long time. I also loved the slow motion parts.