The Mafia Discussion Thread

• Admin

My biggest problem is presenting it as a Mafia Game.

As an exercise in reading & following instruction? Fine.

But as a Mafia? No.

About as much strategy and analysis going on as there is in the Newcastle Board Room.

Yes, there were many roles without abilities, I will admit that. I originally thought that I'd only get 10 or so people, so the doctor, cop, ect.. would be enough. Maybe next time will have more roles/abilities.

And to be fair, if it was just going to be something on reading and following instructions: I shouldn't be the one running it. I fail at that stuff <_<

Eh, it was a mafia game in theory. It's just that in execution the vast majority of the players either sucked at reading the rules (*... raises hand*) or couldn't do haiku structure or whatever. Had more players been able to avoid the modkills I imagine actual strategy would have taken place.

It was a Mafia game, because it involved the basic rules of a Mafia game. People should be free to run their games as they see fit, really.

Also true.

My only worry is that it will inspire copycat sort of games, and we eventually have more novelty gimmicks than simple, solid games. It's nothing major, but it's my take on the matter.

It was a Mafia game, because it involved the basic rules of a Mafia game. People should be free to run their games as they see fit, really.

Also true.

My only worry is that it will inspire copycat sort of games, and we eventually have more novelty gimmicks than simple, solid games. It's nothing major, but it's my take on the matter.

There will always be people like me, you, TEOL, -A- and MPH who enjoy playing simple games enough to inspire the masses :shifty:

Also true.

I hate to break it to you, but that already happened years ago.

Also true.

I hate to break it to you, but that already happened years ago.

True.

And Pris, you really just caught a tough break. It happens from time to time. Don't make this a reason to continue to stay away. Join some more games and you'll get much farther in some of them.