The Mafia Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Based on something I've seen at another forum...what would be the difference if we didn't allow people to post in the thread between the lynch writeup and the night writeup?

It'd eliminate people giving the "in case I die..." style posts, and certainly be more true to the party game, but is there a downside I'm missing?

The only downside I can think of is that it would have an effect on activity. And I wouldn't say that the "in case I die" posts are necessarily a bad thing. I dunno if I'm in favour of it, because there's usually some good analysis between the day and night phases, but I doubt I'll care much in the long run.

What's wrong with the 'in case I die' posts? If it was a case of people having a chance to post information from a night ability before the night kill's been completed, then I could understand it, but the person running the game usually makes sure that that info goes out immediately before the night write-up. A significant difference between games here and elsewhere is how common bandwagons are too. All too often you can check back into a thread and not only have you got your night results, but a bandwagon's formed and someone's dead. If I'm an investigator or a roleblocker I'd be pretty irritated if I was unable to post my results (particularly if I think I might die) because people have conducted a 6-hour lynch.