The Mafia Discussion Thread

What are you planning to balance out the lack of a mafia night-kill, if you can say? I guess people will have daytime abilities or objectives and the mafia would have more (or more powerful) of these?

Nothing, really. As I said, no one at all would have any sort of ability. There would simply be powerless townies and mafia. Both sides would be working to eliminate the other through the voting alone.

Do expand on your criticism though, as I think there's a workable idea here, even if it's not there yet. I assume your next point would have to do with the town/mafia ratio, correct?

607px-MVP!_(2).jpg?

Hell yeah, I proposed letting Josh lead lynches on townies, since that was all he was doing, before turning on him at the point when he was no longer useful. I'd also managed, along with SDM, to pretty much solidify myself as town. I was also Ruki's go to man on lynches. I was having a TON of fun with that game, since it was all scheming and plotting.

We would have gotten away with it if it too if it wasn't for those damn kids.

...I assume kids ruined TEOL's internet.

Now that there are four mafia games on, with two going really slowly, one coming to an end and one which is lumbering along in an ungainly fashion, methinks it may be time to begin Simpsons Movie Mafia.

Any objections or comments?

• Admin

Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule, but I liked Gongsun's "5 at a time limit", so go for it. Obviously, I'm looking at one or two of the games that are dragging and may have to euthanize soon.

MPH, when do you want to do your Avengers Mafia, as I'm going to consider you next in line if you want. 9 To 5 can start his Red Dwarf Mafia if he wants as well, seeing as he's done sign-ups.

I've been swamped at work, and since between ten hours at work, 2 hours of commuting, and eight hours of sleeping I have almost no other time left, I find it hard to write updates. That said, I had to wait on sunday to get something from someone in the game before I could write my next update and then was too busy on monday, so I should be able to draft something today.

Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule, but I liked Gongsun's "5 at a time limit", so go for it. Obviously, I'm looking at one or two of the games that are dragging and may have to euthanize soon.

And since we're invoking that rule again, I'd like to go right ahead and pre-emptively invoke my exemption to that rule.