The Mafia Discussion Thread

Scenario: Players X, Y, and Z are in 4 mafias at the time when Risky Mafia ends. They are all suspended for a week. 4 mafia games suffer.

It's bad enough when one player in a game is sidelined for a while, and I see a recipe for worse here.

I don't think many people will be willing to risk those things for little to no reward.

Hey, the Dome has writing competitions where if you no-show you get suspended for awhile.

The Dome is stupid. I wouldn't set an arbitrary time, I would just say "Entries on or before the deadline are entered in the voting, anyone who doesn't get one in is suspended until they email their 'entry' to suchandsuchemailaddress, at which point it will be posted in a 'Why this person has been missing for this long' thread" and be done with it.

I don't think many people will be willing to risk those things for little to no reward.

Hey, the Dome has writing competitions where if you no-show you get suspended for awhile.

The Dome is stupid. I wouldn't set an arbitrary time, I would just say "Entries on or before the deadline are entered in the voting, anyone who doesn't get one in is suspended until they email their 'entry' to suchandsuchemailaddress, at which point it will be posted in a 'Why this person has been missing for this long' thread" and be done with it.

You know the rules when you sign up. No right to complain.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Avengers Mafia signups open on the 13th. The game won't start until the 17th or 18th - this is because I'm on vacation between those two dates. I'll probably be on EWB some, but I won't have the time to write updates. :)

I'd play this but knowing Ruki I'd probably have a role where I have to vote for a confirmed townie everyday, can't say why, and any night action kills me.

Just for you <_<

I would have made it super basic, 10-15 players, 1 doctor, 1 cop, 2-4 townies.

As for Ruki's idea, the suspension idea is bad and would cause other games to suffer, but the naming idea isn't so horrible.

This is true, maybe just complete name change. Maybe avatar/siggy too?