The Mafia Discussion Thread

So, if I restarted MST3K Mafia from where we were when EWB jumped in the DeLorean - a la RW's CSI Mafia - would people still be interested in playing? I'd have no problem posting an abridged rundown then setting you maniacs loose in the thread, but I only want to do so if people are truly interested.

So, if I restarted MST3K Mafia from where we were when EWB jumped in the DeLorean - a la RW's CSI Mafia - would people still be interested in playing? I'd have no problem posting an abridged rundown then setting you maniacs loose in the thread, but I only want to do so if people are truly interested.

Aww man, I'd have to die again. :(

Yeah, this is me saying that I'll be gone until Thursday on vacation. So yeah, let's not lynch me on the basis of not talking.

Cedar Point, here I come!

Come down to Dayton and visit your Rich Uncle Sousa. We'll play shuffleboard and laugh at poor people.

Well, I do enjoy some good ol' laughing at poor people...

I enjoy rollercoasters more though. I think I remember passing through/by Dayton last time I went to Cedar Point, though. Of course, that was four-five years ago, so that could very possibly be wrong.

From Maryland to Cedar Point? Yeah, you were nowhere near Dayton.

Besides, King's Island > Cedar Point, because King's Island has bad-ass wooden coasters built for fat guys like me. Cedar Point's too big and too steel. No thanks.

Oh, you can all refer to my awesomeness, especially here, the realm that I dominate, but do it in more direct fashion. Like occasionally leaving messages that just profess love for me.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Is there any such things as mafia guidelines for good play, or is it more of an experience thing?

Since I know what you're getting at, the best advice I can give is to read through old games, start to finish. See if you can figure out who the scum are without cheating. The more you do that, the better you'll get at doing it in new games.

Is there any such things as mafia guidelines for good play, or is it more of an experience thing?

Just do whatever I do and you can't go too wrong.

But not too obviously, cause if I notice you doing it I'll lynch you.

It mostly takes common sense. By the end of the game there'll be two factors to decide who mafia are:

1. Who has claimed and who has not, this includes who were cleared by investigation.

2. Who are the best players alive, the best mafia players ALWAYS take out the best players who are a threat to them, so the remaining best players(the better players) alive are probably mafia I tend to find.

If you are mafia, try to take everyone out who you think will have a better way of controlling the town over you, once you know you are the best player alive steer the town places and make them believe they're doing the right thing. Another way of winning is just doing fuck all, going in the lynches and playing as a townie with crazy philosophy without really attributing anything.

As town, if you look you can easily pick out mafia near the end as long as you had an investigator that helped out a bit. Never do anything too important or the mafia will just off you. I like to do fuck all until the end and it seems to work out for me half the time. <_< Also, NEVER claim a useful role. Never ever. Even as mafia, because the other threats will off you.

Other than all of this, you need to be convincing with your words. If you get all this shit down you'll be good.