The Mafia Discussion Thread

such as...

I kinda like the "kill a random player (town or scum)" better than modkilling the lurker. However, I know that's an argument that continues in eternal perpetuation. Ultimately, the best solutions include limiting player numbers, creating quality games, and cherry-picking players instead of "first come, first served."

Lurkers are sexy bitches, damnit! Like Molly and Srar!

I demand visual proof, otherwise I assume they are just fat guys wearing pizza stained t-shirts in disguise!

This. It's the internet. Pics or it ain't true.

Killing random people is bogus. If your lurker is just inactive you're potentially wiping out somebody playing the game in favor of keeping someone who isn't even bothering to ask to be replaced.

Plus the mafia can't exactly overcome a stalled day period, so it's not fair to drop one of them.

We need to be hardasses about it for a little while. 48 hours no posts, you're warned. You come in and say you'll catch up, you have 24 hours to catch up or you're dead. You come up with nothing after catching up, you're dead. You come back & post just to show you're still alive and you lurk again, you're dead. This whole thing where you have 2-3 day phases with one post each is balderdash.

Isn't the easiest solution to simply not include lurkers unless you NEED that many players? Baker's Dozen was a great game even with LD holding it hostage because the other players were active. Same thing with lol, mafia even though it makes me want to kick babies at this point. Putting 4 or 5 people who never post unless voted for, or outed, is just killing your game before it starts.

We need to be hardasses about it for a little while. 48 hours no posts, you're warned. You come in and say you'll catch up, you have 24 hours to catch up or you're dead. You come up with nothing after catching up, you're dead. You come back & post just to show you're still alive and you lurk again, you're dead. This whole thing where you have 2-3 day phases with one post each is balderdash.

Balderdash I say!

I was so shocked by it my monocle fell out.