The Mafia Discussion Thread

Look at Battle Royale. It was a once a year spectacle everyone brought their A Game to, cause everyone wanted to win. Mafia was probably like that initially, but now it happens every day basically, and people can't get motivated to really bring their A game every single time.

Thats essentially what I was trying to say. Thanks for saying it clearer and in less words than I managed >_>

That doesn't change the fact that, like I said, most Mafia games I come into these days feel like no one else in the game has ever played Mafia before, ever.

Well with people like Pleatherface returning who actually haven't played one before, I'm not entirely surprised. Can I ask though what is actually wrong with having never played before? I know it makes for a weak game, I mean like, why are you making it out to be such a crime?

oh yeah, lets be afraid of idea because something similar fell apart. Every other thing here falls apart. I figure if you guys vote on who's the best, and then hold ASM as a yearly contest, you'll almost certainly get more interest from those that were voted in to compete.

Obviously everyone who survives is declared a champion.

I'm just saying Overlord, you're never going to get this inspired competition you seem to crave if you don't either go somewhere else to play, or make changes to how the game works here. You can't just tell people to get motivated and to care, you have to give them something to care about and something to get motivated about. Currently you're just complaining.

Look at Battle Royale. It was a once a year spectacle everyone brought their A Game to, cause everyone wanted to win. Mafia was probably like that initially, but now it happens every day basically, and people can't get motivated to really bring their A game every single time.

Thats essentially what I was trying to say. Thanks for saying it clearer and in less words than I managed >_>

That doesn't change the fact that, like I said, most Mafia games I come into these days feel like no one else in the game has ever played Mafia before, ever.

Well with people like Pleatherface returning who actually haven't played one before, I'm not entirely surprised. Can I ask though what is actually wrong with having never played before? I know it makes for a weak game, I mean like, why are you making it out to be such a crime?

I didn't say people who hadn't ever played before, I said people who have played a hundred games before and just ACT like they've never played before, leaving me feeling like I'm playing the same game over and over again.

oh yeah, lets be afraid of idea because something similar fell apart. Every other thing here falls apart. I figure if you guys vote on who's the best, and then hold ASM as a yearly contest, you'll almost certainly get more interest from those that were voted in to compete.

I'm just saying Overlord, you're never going to get this inspired competition you seem to crave if you don't either go somewhere else to play, or make changes to how the game works here. You can't just tell people to get motivated and to care, you have to give them something to care about and something to get motivated about. Currently you're just complaining.

You don't seem to realise how many times I've been through this, though. The Cubeamania debacle is something I don't want to have to get back into, but I'm still bitter over it because it WAS a brilliant idea, everyone KNEW it was, and it still fell apart. Sorry for having something of a crisis of confidence over it, but how do you expect me to feel?

Slightly less self-congratulatory? Cubeamania was just an extension of the concept of diary battles, it wasn't as brilliant as you seem to think it was. And by the by, you are not one to be critical of people, because the moment things stopped going well for you you decided Diplomacy was shit and disappeared. At least Mick had the excuse of not knowing what the game was, even if was a godawful excuse.

Edited by De

Slightly less self-congratulatory? Cubeamania was just an extension of the concept of diary battles, it wasn't as brilliant as you seem to think it was. And by the by, you are not one to be critical of people, because the moment things stopped going well for you you decided Diplomacy was shit and disappeared. At least Mick had the excuse of not knowing what the game was, even if was a godawful excuse.

I was basing those comments about Cubeamania on the things a few other people said about it at the time - I remember Hamster and SSTB, there may have been others.

Also, fuck you. :D

Which is why I've stopped signing up for Mafia games, stopped paying a great deal of attention to them, and I'm thinking of killing off Trad Maf III before it even begins. I was persuaded to run it by certain people, notably Potato Head, in the hope that it would try to reverse the trend again. But in all honesty... fuck it. I thought Trad Maf II actually did some good, and now it's obvious no one even remembers it, so what's the point?

Do so, and start Silent Hill III :blush:

Yes I know it's never going to happen, but I can always believe that it may. You can't take my believing away, no matter how much of a bastard you are.

Anyway I don't belong in here, this is a place for all those who like Mafia :P

But the point of Mafia games is not to survive. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

And not get thanked for it afterwards. <_<

Exactly. Everybody's mindset was wrong from the beginning and it's always been about the glory of "surviving" from there.

I don't mind when/if I die as long as I've played a good game. If I vanish off towards the start having done nothing, I get annoyed. But if I've made some sort of impact I don't mind.

I still have to get back into the swing of things anyway.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Ugh, Maxx.

It wasn't that "people came out of the woodwork" to say they didn't trust me. One person said that you shouldn't trust me, but his point was that you shouldn't trust ANYBODY.

Also, LCS is a smart enough player that he'd vote for me if he thought I was Mafia, regardless of whether or not I suggested him for King.