The Mafia Discussion Thread

I continue to kick ass lariat my way through the competition, without ever seeing a solitary second of my character in action. I'm just making shit up as I go along.

Then again, I've got days and days between actions to think shit up, so <_<

Guest Mr. Potato Head

On another note, Mafia Mafia has finished. Role postings will be made later today, and anyone who was waiting for me to finish to start their own game can now do so.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So deadlines for lynches. Are they necessary?

My opinion is that it's good to set a deadline if you've gone, say, 24 hours without a vote, but giving a deadline at the outset of a lynch (as thug and Krypto are both doing) is really quite stupid. Especially when the deadline is that quick.

Depends how slow the game's going, and how you deal with it. I prefer only using them when the game is REALLY slow, and even then to lynch whoever has the most votes rather than going to a no lynch, otherwise the game will be even slower.

So deadlines for lynches. Are they necessary?

My opinion is that it's good to set a deadline if you've gone, say, 24 hours without a vote, but giving a deadline at the outset of a lynch (as thug and Krypto are both doing) is really quite stupid. Especially when the deadline is that quick.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. Don't end a night recap by saying "You have 24 hours to make a lynch", but if the discussion slows down, there's no problem throwing in a deadline.

Not to toot my own horn, but Mafia Mafia never had a lynch deadline...the closest was me saying something like "more votes would be nice" on one occasion. And it certainly didn't plod along.

Edited by Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, and that's what I'm saying. Don't end a night recap by saying "You have 24 hours to make a lynch", but if the discussion slows down, there's no problem throwing in a deadline.

Not to toot my own horn, but Mafia Mafia never had a lynch deadline...the closest was me saying something like "more votes would be nice" on one occasion. And it certainly didn't plod along.