The Mafia Discussion Thread

Just to clarify, I include myself in that. The game has de-evolved into Be bitching and no one wanting to lynch anyone because they're afraid they'll get lynched for advocating a lynch.

I somewhat agree, although it's more of a case of: All useful power roles are seemingly gone and we have no play to analyse because we haven't lynched any scum (everyone had equal motivation to lynch Pris) and all the discussion has been Be going "SOUSA IS EEEEEEEEVIL! AND RW", Sousa and RW going "lol, no" and everyone else going "shut up Be".

I have the urge to run Blitzkrieg Mafia, with strict 24-hour day/night time limits, death upon asking for a replacement instead of having to fish somebody out & throw them to the wolves, and a most-votes-at-the-deadline-lynches instead of a majority-to-lynch rule. Just to see how we EWBers would handle it.

I've also been thinking about a modified You Pick where your picks all come from a certain genre (offhand I was leaning towards "You Pick the Wrestling Gimmick"), but I never got around to really working out how that shit would work (i.e. asking Josh, since I've never even played in a You Pick).

Perhaps an amalgam of the two, just for the sake of a clusterfuck.

I would be all for Blitzkrieg. I like it when mafia is fast/rapid pace.

Just to clarify, I include myself in that. The game has de-evolved into Be bitching and no one wanting to lynch anyone because they're afraid they'll get lynched for advocating a lynch.

That sounds like most mafias these days.

This!

I'm somewhat amused to wake up and find myself dead, because MEG believed I was scum for no real obvious reason (even within the confines of his own 'list of suspicion').

I'm not sure why. It may be the degree of whimsy and caprice in it all.

I somewhat agree, although it's more of a case of: All useful power roles are seemingly gone and we have no play to analyse because we haven't lynched any scum (everyone had equal motivation to lynch Pris) and all the discussion has been Be going "SOUSA IS EEEEEEEEVIL! AND RW", Sousa and RW going "lol, no" and everyone else going "shut up Be".

If you can't play without power roles, and can't get anything to analyse without lynching scum (that whole idea makes no sense at all), then you are a bad mafia player.

No one is willing to step out on a limb, the people that are get NK'd/lynched, so all thats left is bad players unwilling to take a stance. Fucking horrible.

I'm somewhat amused to wake up and find myself dead, because MEG believed I was scum for no real obvious reason (even within the confines of his own 'list of suspicion').

I'm not sure why. It may be the degree of whimsy and caprice in it all.

I blame WWF92! Now I always think you're mafia!

I have a couple of real reasons, but it was mostly just "uuuugh fuck. It probably is Stoke. :@:@:@:@ SOLARBEAM"

My mafia play in 92 was post-a-lot-like-a-regular-townie kind of play. Which is how I play as town as well, most of the time. I'm not a lurker by nature...

So when I don't do much, it's generally because I really have nothing to contribute, rather than being scummy. :P

My mafia play in 92 was post-a-lot-like-a-regular-townie kind of play. Which is how I play as town as well, most of the time. I'm not a lurker by nature...

So when I don't do much, it's generally because I really have nothing to contribute, rather than being scummy. :P

You had the 6th most posts in the game!

Seeing as I've been lynched by votes in Pokemon, I'll post in here as to not spoil the game, but damn. Apparently I've got to play more agressively, but that role was horrible if what everyone says is true. I get a scummy role while town, what the hell?