The Mafia Discussion Thread

Right, that's it, I'm joining the "Taking a break from EWB Mafia" club.

I don't blame you, if Greatest Moments has anything to do with it. Even reading it as an impartial observer last night, I was banging my head against a wall in sympathy.

Two deaths in the same day is my cue to take another hiatus from playing Mafia. At least I got to 10 wins. Once RW finally grows tired of dying on night 1, it will be interesting to see who forms the new crop of designated bitches.

I don't think he got tired of being an NK1 victim per se, but I see he didn't even make it to June. It's going to be interesting to see how the next group of players handles constantly dying early on in games now that Sousa, RW and a few others who always ate the early bullets have pulled out of the mafia biz.

Two deaths in the same day is my cue to take another hiatus from playing Mafia. At least I got to 10 wins. Once RW finally grows tired of dying on night 1, it will be interesting to see who forms the new crop of designated bitches.

I don't think he got tired of being an NK1 victim per se, but I see he didn't even make it to June. It's going to be interesting to see how the next group of players handles constantly dying early on in games now that Sousa, RW and a few others who always ate the early bullets have pulled out of the mafia biz.

It already sucks :crying: And I only died once!

The worst part is I know I'm eventually going to sign up for about 8 concurrent games to prevent it, and then you all will come roaring back and I'll have to keep track of 8 games at once.

Dying early in large games doesn't suck since they require WAY too much work to get to the good part of the game as CWB pointed out by having to read a shitload of posts (1100+) for a game that still has like 24 people in it. Getting popped early in all of the small games that I wanted to play really irritated me though.

Dying early in large games doesn't suck since they require WAY too much work to get to the good part of the game as CWB pointed out by having to read a shitload of posts (1100+) for a game that still has like 24 people in it. Getting popped early in all of the small games that I wanted to play really irritated me though.

What's even more glorious is that I've come into a game where Sousa has put me in a position where I was already under suspicion before having made a post.

I think pulling out of Mafia while in the midst of games sucks. Seriously, fine, take a break, but do you have to disrupt two, three, four, whatever number of games to do it? Just take your time off after you are through with the games you are involved in. That's just me.

I have the urge to run Blitzkrieg Mafia, with strict 24-hour day/night time limits, death upon asking for a replacement instead of having to fish somebody out & throw them to the wolves, and a most-votes-at-the-deadline-lynches instead of a majority-to-lynch rule. Just to see how we EWBers would handle it.

I've also been thinking about a modified You Pick where your picks all come from a certain genre (offhand I was leaning towards "You Pick the Wrestling Gimmick"), but I never got around to really working out how that shit would work (i.e. asking Josh, since I've never even played in a You Pick).

Perhaps an amalgam of the two, just for the sake of a clusterfuck.

I have the urge to run Blitzkrieg Mafia, with strict 24-hour day/night time limits, death upon asking for a replacement instead of having to fish somebody out & throw them to the wolves, and a most-votes-at-the-deadline-lynches instead of a majority-to-lynch rule. Just to see how we EWBers would handle it.I've also been thinking about a modified You Pick where your picks all come from a certain genre (offhand I was leaning towards "You Pick the Wrestling Gimmick"), but I never got around to really working out how that shit would work (i.e. asking Josh, since I've never even played in a You Pick). Perhaps an amalgam of the two, just for the sake of a clusterfuck

Honestly, 24 hours for a day period is not enough at all.