The Mafia Discussion Thread

So pointing out flawed logic is the stupid thing. Seriously Be, are you a fucking moron? No wait, don't answer that.

...I'm sorry, what flawed logic? That defending somebody based solely on their previous style of play is a bad idea? In what universe is that flawed? Justifying not lynching a person because they're always aggressive or always inactive or always posting in haiku makes no fucking sense whatsofuckingever because it doesn't have any logical basis, you cannot use information from one game to govern decisions in another completely separate game, Mafia does not work like that.

• Admin
So pointing out flawed logic is the stupid thing. Seriously Be, are you a fucking moron? No wait, don't answer that.

...I'm sorry, what flawed logic? That defending somebody based solely on their previous style of play is a bad idea? In what universe is that flawed? Justifying not lynching a person because they're always aggressive or always inactive or always posting in haiku makes no fucking sense whatsofuckingever because it doesn't have any logical basis, you cannot use information from one game to govern decisions in another completely separate game, Mafia does not work like that.

You know, I actually agree with this, outside the ranting. Sometimes people do put too much emphasis on how people have played in other games, but the simple fact is if everyone played the same every time, the town would clean up every game.

It happens a LOT though, let's be honest. The fact that two months ago I got lynched/killed in 3 mafia's in a mere 3 days because I was scum in one of the mafia's says enough really. I investigated SDM in Chrono Trigger on the first night because he has a fairly obnoxious way of playing and talking to people and people tend to believe he's town pretty fast, so I wanted to eliminate that option.

It happens a LOT though, let's be honest. The fact that two months ago I got lynched/killed in 3 mafia's in a mere 3 days because I was scum in one of the mafia's says enough really. I investigated SDM in Chrono Trigger on the first night because he has a fairly obnoxious way of playing and talking to people and people tend to believe he's town pretty fast, so I wanted to eliminate that option.

Yes, but just because it happens a lot doesn't make it any more sensible. It worked in your case because you were lucky.

There's a distinction to be made here between, on the one hand, identifying a person's 'typical' play as a reason for him to be innocent, or, on the other, not using it as evidence of guilt.

Be and Matt don't seem to be on the same wavelength in this regard, and appear to be arguing about different things as a result.

Edited by stokeriño

That's true, and it'd be a valid point if I'd ever said "lets not lynch LD at all", but I didn't. The logic of "LD isn't saying anything, he is scum" doesn't work because he always lurks, it doesn't mean he's not scum, but you can't use it as evidence. It's the same as saying, my dog often sits at the window barking at birds or cats, I come home and find my book is missing, the dog is at the window barking at birds, OH MY GOD THE DOG HAS HIDDEN MY BOOK!

Obviously that's hyperbolic before you point that out.

Usually my way of being obnoxious tends to get people to think I'm scum. >_>