The Mafia Discussion Thread

I think its fair. Its been there for long enough that people KNOW its a rule now. A year ago, mod kill for editing was unfair as the rule was fairly new. But now, its fair as people know its there.

I think its fair. Its been there for long enough that people KNOW its a rule now. A year ago, mod kill for editing was unfair as the rule was fairly new. But now, its fair as people know its there.

Halo wasn't playing here a year ago...

And you can't give out punishments like "lose your night ability". That's stupid. If somebody is a vanilla townie, then what? People who break the same rule deserve the same punishment.

Unless you take people who haven't been playing here long into account. Though saying that, there seems to be a modkill every couple of games where somebody who should really know better edits their post. GET A GRIP.

That's awful logic. The smoking ban's been around for a year, does that mean you should get a life sentence for smoking in a public building?

I'm not condoning editing posts but take away their vote for a couple of phases or something, editing posts will draw attention onto them as a possible target anyway, a modkill just seems an extreme punishment for someone editing tags or something.

I'm noticing so much paranoia in games recently.

"Well that role could be an SK"

"WHO SAID HE COULD BE AN SK? I NEVER HEARD ANYBODY SAY THAT."

"A few people have actually..."

"Oh"

or like...

"I just came in here to vote because I didn't want it to be a no lynch"

"WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NO LYNCH?!"

I agree and even though Halo only joined in January, he surely knows the rules after playing in around 5 mafia games within 1 month. I don't see how a player could be punished in a different way, taking away their vote makes them useless anyway. Hell, day phases are taking ages nowadays anyway, so it speeds things up :pervert:

Is it not possible to turn editing off in the mafia cube? Wouldn't that be easier? If it's not an option in the Admin CP, I'm sure it could easily be coded by one of those techy geeks that makes IPB codes.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Random idea I thought I'd share. I've just come up with it, and I think it's retarded - so I'll share it with you - EWB. A twleve player game with 24 players. There are two players assigned to each role. One player plays the day phase, the other plays the night phase - but the players that share a rule aren't allowed to talk out of the thread. One set of players can only talk at night, and send in the action, the others can only vote and play at day. It'd be a right clusterfuck as the people with night actions wouldn't know who were targetted.

Reassure me that this wouldn't work.

Well for one thing, you'd have no way of stopping people from talking to each other outside the thread.

That's awful logic. The smoking ban's been around for a year, does that mean you should get a life sentence for smoking in a public building?

...aaahahaha. Matt, you can't be serious.

No I'm not, that's the entire fucking point you nitwit.

But isn't the penalty for smoking in a public place like £50? :shifty:

The law says don't smoke in public or face a £50 (or whatever it is) fine. Some game runners say don't edit your posts or face a modkill. It's like... the exact same thing.

But I'm not saying that Halo should've been let off, it's in RW's rules therefore it stands. I'm saying that I think the rules were too harsh in the first place. Ace's argument was "It's a rule, so any punishment is suitable because they should know it's a rule", I countered it by saying everyone knows the smoking ban is a rule, doesn't mean if you get caught you should get a life sentence because the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

You're a moron then. The smoking ban results in you getting fined if you break it, not being killed, making your comparison retarded. Fucking hell, that should be obvious.

You're a moron then. The smoking ban results in you getting fined if you break it, not being killed, making your comparison retarded. Fucking hell, that should be obvious.

And that's the fucking point you stupid twat. You wouldn't give someone a life sentence for breaking the smoking ban because it's not a suitable fucking punishment. Why do you even still post here, haven't you quit mafia games, or do you just come to postwhore and troll?

And no MPH, that'd be hanging them. :shifty:

And that's the fucking point you stupid twat. You wouldn't give someone a life sentence for breaking the smoking ban because it's not a suitable fucking punishment. Why do you even still post here, haven't you quit mafia games, or do you just come to postwhore and troll?

Well, that wasn't the point you were trying to make in the beginning and getting modkilled for editing your posts is something only the idiots who succumb to it are bothered about. Cry moar.