The Mafia Discussion Thread

90% of townie lynches are awful and about 75% of the time when I'm a townie, I try my hardest to stop them. When I'm scum I try as hard as I can to play like my townie self so I just find myself clearing townies and buying roleclaims and narrowing the shortlist down to myself and my team :shifty:

I'd much rather be mafia than town. It's much easier to manipulate people when I know they're not on my side. Being a townie sucks because people think I'm scum anyway simply due to the fact that I'm aggressive at all times. Indy was fun the one time I played it, but the win condition was harder than either of the normal sides so I could live without that again. I've never been in a cult, but fuck cults.

I keep intact with people who I think will survive. I don't bother with players I have a bad outlook on unless they PM me.

I remember in Hitchhikers we had one mafia member we never spoke to the entire thing, and he ended up conning the person i was Mafia Investigating. Never went around to figuring that out. <_<

I usually have a very vocal thing with the people who like to communicate about it. But like, in WMIIA I think the only person I talked to is Pesci, and we just let everyone of our partners kill themselves before we started.

Am I missing something about these Mafia Tournament Group things? There are 5 people and at least one 'team' (as inferred by the opening post). If there are 2 people working together, the first lynch will win or lose it. :/

Am I missing something about these Mafia Tournament Group things? There are 5 people and at least one 'team' (as inferred by the opening post). If there are 2 people working together, the first lynch will win or lose it. :/

I'm pretty sure there's a twist which group 1 will expose when they end up firing up the bandwagon in the next 12-24 hours.

Yeah every game has some twist/variant involved. Some games can end on day 1 if the town make the right/wrong moves, but they're not unbalanced. All will become clear at the end of each game.

I wanna know what happened in the universe recently to allow me to be alive in 4 games at once. I'm used to feeling like African families, having a shitload of kids because the odds are most of them will die :shifty:

I wanna know what happened in the universe recently to allow me to be alive in 4 games at once. I'm used to feeling like African families, having a shitload of kids because the odds are most of them will die :shifty:

You're not deemed a threat anymore after "Pulling a Pesci" became part of the mafia lexicon :shifty:

FF Mafia was the only game I've played as scum (well cult) with good communication. Was really good fun as well with little suspicion on me for the most part

That was because you were the Mayor :P

So I noticed. :angry:

"Wow, he was sure annoying in this other game. I'D BETTER KILL HIM IN THIS ONE."

I love how often that's happening lately. It's fun and clearly good play.

Honestly, I was half kidding when I said that. If I did make a decision based on that, it was not done consciously.

Ooh! Ooh! What's "Pulling a Pesci"? Is it anything like "Blowing a Beeker"? :P

I don't know what "Blowing a Beeker" is, but "Pulling a Pesci" is loosely defined as "vanishing from a thread when you've been outed as scum regardless/in spite of numerous requests to come defend yourself". It eventually gets you lynched after 24-48 hours when the other players get aggravated that you've said nothing. I should note that "Pulling a Pesci" is only possible when you are scum. A townie who doesn't defend himself is just dumb.

There sure are a lot of games being played at the moment, so I'm guessing I could be waiting a while to run EWB Greatest Memories, Members and Mishaps. Sucks that EWB's birthday had to occur in the same month that -Matt- chose to run his tournament :shifty:

AKA giving up when it's impossible to win the game and nobody would buy your defence anyway.

But it's devious because you make them wait a day or two for something that isn't going to happen anyway. I think it's funny because an outsider knows you've quit, but it makes the players more suspicious that something's wrong. It never works, but it's fun to watch.