The Mafia Discussion Thread

• Admin

Random thoughts:-

- Roleclaiming is part & parcel of the game. As MPH said, there are ways to discourage it. My preferred method is the use of Seeker roles (see Crim Minds where Essa's claim led to his elimination). Safeclaims are good too, but as a scum player I prefer the challenge of creating my own, so it can be argued you should always have enough room in your game for safeclaims (in the instance of CATTR Mafia, or any narrow theme, a smaller game would be better so not all the roles are taken)

- Is it just me, or are we becoming a bit too over-analytical / paranoid recently? In recent games we've had some pretty obvious (well, obvious to me) scum slip ups that have / have almost been ignored due to over-analysing. Instead of theories about turncoat mayors, death millers, scum investigators, the existence of a conman etc., go with the simplest answer and 95% of the time you'll be right. Occam's Razor and all that.

Vote Watchmen in '09.

Got it.

Hear that everyone?

Vote Watchmen in December of '09.

Oh no! The election's this month, not in December! *cue laugh track*

I'm having a hard time thinking of safeclaims for BSG mafia.

Maybe take some of the 55 roles out <_<

And to follow up on what RW said, conmen are always mentioned, yet I don't think I've ever seen one... Actually I think I may have seen one, but still for something that gets mentioned in 9/10 games, only seeing it once in all the games I've played makes me think the fear of conmen is stronger than the actual presence of them.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Okay, let's take it in here, and I'll be brief, because I overreacted a bit this morning and I don't want Norro to think this is personal because--honestly--it isn't. At all.

We all like to win as Mafia, and we all like to imagine that we're being slippery sons of bitches. But really, what's with this recent trend of "I was killed by town players who suspected me for stupid reasons?" This is the sort of cynical attitude, I think, that's turning people off to Mafia of late. Scum players are getting angry because they feel like they're being screwed over, while town players are getting frustrated because they can't execute a good lynch/vig kill without the victim piping in with "whatever, you got me for retarded reasons."

All I'm saying, Norro, is that I don't think you were being a very good sport. You're not the only one to do it lately, just the one that jumped out at that moment. It really isn't anything personal.

The best thing to come out of my rant will hopefully be that "suckle on my crotch-teat" will enter the lexicon.

I'm trying.

Is it too late to enter Crotch-Teat as a role in YouPick mafia?

Odd thing is last year I played around 4 mafia's in one month and had loads of fun. I come back, enter 3 mafia's and people are way too uptight and jump on literally everything and I think I might have set a record of dying in 3 mafia's in one day :shifty: I want mafia's like WCW Mafia back, they were fun :blush: Who doesn't love to be Tom Zenk?

Also, what's with the new play-style of "I dunno, I'm new, I'm stupid"? Sad thing is, it's actually working for them as well.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

MEG: We only have one Discussion thread. I can't open up a new because that's not what we do.

We have the sign-up threads. This place used to be a general discussion thread, not a place for whiny nitpicking bitchfest arguments about specific games.