The Mafia Discussion Thread

Someone with no intent of signing up for Watchmen Mafia PM me, I want to axe a question about roles.

Edited by Claudio Cloudstagnoli

Technically naiwf laughed last since you died after he did. I was walking by the graveyard on my way to the blender and heard his corpse chuckling.

Pretend I said something about butts. Big round butts. I like big butts and I cannot lie, those other mafia game runners can deny.

Edited by SeanDMan

Just seen this in Maxx's game:

We had no skills, no lynchproof don and a whopping 5 members

The majority of your post I agreed with, but you sounded like you were complaining here. 5 members was about right + 1 SK + 1 survivor. You apparently had some kind of silencer/auto-voter thing, and regardless of that in a game that was pretty heavily vanilla from what I could tell, you shouldn't really need any special skills or a lynchproof don. I'd say Maxx got the set up just about right, the only problem being that he incorporated just about every character meaning there was no safeclaim.

Edit: And kudos to Maxx for killing the inactives at endgame... I may have to do this in future <_<

Edited by Footjob Fever

The fact that they had vote-controlling and muting also helps out. I think (but don't know yet) that they did that to TWO people on the same day, which is a massive, massive boon. They also had a single safeclaim for the group, which naiwf used.

EDIT: Yeah, how many mafia groups have there been with more than 5 members to start with? The game could easily have been set up with two 3 men mafias, could the individual mafia guys say 'we only had 3 people'?

Edited by -A-

We also had Zan's amazing ability where he would die if Michael died. Not that that was actually a factor as I'm assuming it was Sousa who killed him night one.

The fact that they had vote-controlling and muting also helps out. I think (but don't know yet) that they did that to TWO people on the same day, which is a massive, massive boon. They also had a single safeclaim for the group, which naiwf used.

EDIT: Yeah, how many mafia groups have there been with more than 5 members to start with? The game could easily have been set up with two 3 men mafias, could the individual mafia guys say 'we only had 3 people'?

Wrong. Maxx only gave me the claim when he gave Ace a ton of info to the Yes/No question about me being vanilla. If he hadn't done that we wouldn't have had a claim and would have died even sooner.

GoGo was able to influence 3 votes in the whole game, he waited until the day he was going to die to do it. That was the extent of our skills. The mafia would never ever have won this game once everybody claimed unless GoGo was lynchproof and able to change votes daily.

That's fine, all I'm saying is that if you take the roleclaiming out of it the game was perfectly balanced. The abilities don't matter, the size of the group doesn't matter and the lynchability of the don doesn't matter. The roleclaiming was the only thing that made the game so heavily pro-town.

And admit that I had pizzamonkey pegged through his play, dammit!

That's fine, all I'm saying is that if you take the roleclaiming out of it the game was perfectly balanced. The abilities don't matter, the size of the group doesn't matter and the lynchability of the don doesn't matter. The roleclaiming was the only thing that made the game so heavily pro-town.

I gave you credit for Pizza. The rest was given to the town on a silver platter. If we had safeclaims or at least room for fakeclaims I think we would have beaten that town silly. Half of the people were willing to jump on any bandwagon until someone claimed and then it just became tedious. If this had been a traditional game the town would have been SLAUGHTERED worse than the Lemmings one :angry:

This. You shouldn't have to rely on having safeclaims, I concede it was hard for you to win and even harder when Sousa and Zan were killed but that was solely down to there not being enough characters for you to try claim. If anything safeclaims and scum abilities make it too easy for the scum in most cases, but I'd like to bet it wouldn't have been much closer had you had a godfather, an unlynchable don and a cop.

This. You shouldn't have to rely on having safeclaims, I concede it was hard for you to win and even harder when Sousa and Zan were killed but that was solely down to there not being enough characters for you to try claim. If anything safeclaims and scum abilities make it too easy for the scum in most cases, but I'd like to bet it wouldn't have been much closer had you had a godfather, an unlynchable don and a cop.

We would have smashed that town if we could have avoided claiming. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't see how easily we manipulated the middle portion of the game before Claimfest '09 began,

Toffeefan, Hefty Smurf, Cartoon All Star Alligned Blue Musclebound Midget

MPH,ALF, Cartoon All Star Aligned Gordon Shumway from the planet Melmac

Footjob Fever, Ms.Piggy, Cartoon All Star Aligned Bitchy Pig Muppet

Dragsy, Alvin and The Chipmunks, Cartoon All Star Aligned Rodent Boy Band

Ace, Corey, Cartoon All Star Aligned Little Sister

Apsham, Girl in Hat, Drug Pusher Aligned Hat Wearing Female

Teej, Slimer, Cartoon All Star Aligned Green Ghost and Ecto Cooler Spokesman

Ellis, Dewey, Cartoon All Star Aligned Blue Clad Duck Child may he rest in peace.

Bigal, Tigger, Cartoon All Star Aligned T-I-Double Guh-Err

Look at how many townies died after Night 1 and before everyone decided to claim and give them the 'W'.

We would have smashed that town if we could have avoided claiming. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't see how easily we manipulated the middle portion of the game before Claimfest '09 began,

Toffeefan, Hefty Smurf, Cartoon All Star Alligned Blue Musclebound Midget

MPH,ALF, Cartoon All Star Aligned Gordon Shumway from the planet Melmac

Footjob Fever, Ms.Piggy, Cartoon All Star Aligned Bitchy Pig Muppet

Dragsy, Alvin and The Chipmunks, Cartoon All Star Aligned Rodent Boy Band

Ace, Corey, Cartoon All Star Aligned Little Sister

Apsham, Girl in Hat, Drug Pusher Aligned Hat Wearing Female

Teej, Slimer, Cartoon All Star Aligned Green Ghost and Ecto Cooler Spokesman

Ellis, Dewey, Cartoon All Star Aligned Blue Clad Duck Child may he rest in peace.

Bigal, Tigger, Cartoon All Star Aligned T-I-Double Guh-Err

Look at how many townies died after Night 1 and before everyone decided to claim and give them the 'W'.

That's ugh... that's what I was saying. Not having any fakeclaims was the only reason you lost, no amount of power roles would've helped you, they'd have just made it so there was 7 winners rather than 9 or whatever it was.