The Mafia Discussion Thread

People need to realize the difference between non-contributing and inactivity. I am perfectly fine playing with guys like Jam and Josh who average about half a post a day, but at least bother to provide their own insights. My problem is with the group of players who unless prodded by the more vocal players, never make any kind of comment on their own. Those are the people who need to be prodded, not going after Sousa just because he hasn't posted in a day.

If everyone had listened to me and started going after your goons on day one we'd be halfway to victory by now, Zan.

That's true. I don't condone random bandwagons but nothing is more irritating then getting to lynch -2 or 3 after a loooooong discussion period only for a few people to unvote to allow more discussion (that generally doesn't happen because everyone is burned out anyway). Seriously speaking one "bad" lynch in the beginning isn't the end of the world. This kind of reminds me of playing poker against a bunch of people who won't call bets unless they're dealt a huge pocket pair. If someone pulls up an investigation you can get 10 votes in 5 minutes, otherwise it may take 5 days.

I like Matt's way of speeding lynches up. ie, Set a strict deadline once it hits then all current vote scores are doubled and all votes count double from then on.