The Mafia Discussion Thread

I vow that if I'm ever in the position of being an outed don I will remain classy (or quiet, at least.) Obviously that would require me to ever be the don which seems to be totally unthinkable, but I will stand by this pledge. This isn't related to any of the currently-running games, either, I was just praying that the usual gloating time-wasting doesn't appear in Criminal Minds. Cloudy's probably the last person that'd do it anyway.

Edited by -A-

I vow that if I'm ever in the position of being an outed don I will remain classy (or quiet, at least.) Obviously that would require me to ever be the don which seems to be totally unthinkable, but I will stand by this pledge. This isn't related to any of the currently-running games, either, I was just praying that the usual gloating time-wasting doesn't appear in Criminal Minds. Cloudy's probably the last person that'd do it anyway.

I don't think you have to stay quiet, but it takes the fun out of the game when the unlynchable don starts posting constantly and makes it fucking impossible to keep up with what's actually being said for all the bullshit.

...wow, Footjob, that is a really strange complaint. That's a ploy that should NEVER FUCKING WORK because if people are smart, they would just ignore the unlynchable don.

If people honestly have the ego to think they can out-think and second guess someone who holds all the cards and has an insurmountable information advantage, then they deserve to wind up confused.

Did you see Final Fantasy mafia? Where Sousa, Enforker and possibly someone else compromised 90% of the damn posts for a couple of day phases because they were posting constantly, people weren't confused by what they were saying (well, not any more than if they'd made two or three posts saying the same things) but they were getting turned off reading what was actually happening because there was too much shit to sift through.

If that's not going against the spirit of the game, I don't know what is.

Taking this out of the Stand-Up Mafia thread..

...exactly how pizzamonkey can have this good Mafia reputation with posts like this is beyond me.

I don't really understand this. PM's got a valid point, he could have been a reverse death miller. I wouldn't put it past people to put it in their games after Zan did it in Inquisition. I mean, I doubt it's the case in that particular scenario, but it's still a valid point to make.

Well it's the towns aim to win, so how's about in every game we just start with a mass roleclaim and then we'll lynch the less believable ones. Because it goes against the spirit of the game.

Isn't that what happens in just about every game anyway? That's why I never roleclaim. If I can't figure out who is on my side based on play, I shouldn't win.

The "spirit of the game" is you have one group that knows everything and one group that knows nothing. If the group that knows everything has a way to make life more difficult for the group that knows nothing, then they should exploit it. If not then you have confirmed scum unable to do jack shit. Once you turn up the don, for instance, then the don can't really actually "play" anymore because no one will believe his logic. Why should confirmed scum not be allowed to participate in the game except to say "Heh, sorry guys, you got me!"

They can play and be deceptive, but there's a difference between making a couple of posts to throw people off the scent and purposefully making ridiculous numbers of posts just so the town that are still trying to play the game can't keep up with what's actually going on for all the bullshit.

Thats what happened to me in Krypt's mafia. Was absolutely shocking too, because my brother had just died so I would have almost been guaranteed as a clean townie.

In summary, unlynchable dons kill games when they're outed early.

You can't blame them for posting bullshit when it's a viable way of breaking the town's spirit and making the game easier for them. Mass roleclaims go against the spirit of the game? That's how most games are won. So if townies stop making lists of roleclaims and encouraging people to claim, we'll make mafia dons stop posting bullshit. Fair trade.