The Mafia Discussion Thread

I think for once I'm close to actually enjoying being in a game with naiwf. It's scary <_<

Now watch the mafia kill him first so I have to go back to being confusing as fuck again :(

No. I was translating English to Spanish. You were translating Spanish to English. It's not going to be a perfect match from English to Spanish, and the words missed are what makes it confusing coming back.

I'm not scum.

[CITATION NEEDED]

We need to make like 15 copies of GoGo the minute cloning is invented.

So I have two games ready to go, but I've never modded a game before. I think I have a good mix of roles, but I was wondering if someone who wasn't interested in either Jurassic Park (25 players) or It Mafia (10 Players) would drop me a PM so I can discuss the makeup my roles and whether they're too overpowered one way or another.

Don't confuse this for me saying the games aren't ready. They are set up to be ready to go right now, I'm more looking at whether the game will be competitive or if it will be over in two nights.

Of course, if we don't want to get into the specifics of my two games, then if someone could post or send me a few "rules of thumb" for crafting a successful game that would be appreciated. I've picked up a few things like "Mafia should be roughly 1/3 of the players" and "Don't include a blue mage." But is there anything else that's important but maybe not so obvious?

So I have two games ready to go, but I've never modded a game before. I think I have a good mix of roles, but I was wondering if someone who wasn't interested in either Jurassic Park (25 players) or It Mafia (10 Players) would drop me a PM so I can discuss the makeup my roles and whether they're too overpowered one way or another.

Don't confuse this for me saying the games aren't ready. They are set up to be ready to go right now, I'm more looking at whether the game will be competitive or if it will be over in two nights.

Of course, if we don't want to get into the specifics of my two games, then if someone could post or send me a few "rules of thumb" for crafting a successful game that would be appreciated. I've picked up a few things like "Mafia should be roughly 1/3 of the players" and "Don't include a blue mage." But is there anything else that's important but maybe not so obvious?

lol, ruki

How is it, everyone rags on about Ruki's Blue Mage, yet forgets about Pris as The Phoenix. SHE was way overpowered, and she WON her game.

....and that mafia is also not in The GCL or The Mafia Cube. I can't find it, but dammit JHS won that game solely based on how overpowered her role was.

OK, found it.

Essentially JHS could choose three people at the start of the game, and copy their abilities. She got Protect from one night kill, 50% lost on each life attempt, with 10% health returning each day and Immune from nighttime abilities (other than death). Then hajj slipped up and sent a PM to Be intended for her, so he gave her ANOTHER two picks, and she chose a Hawkeye (which gave her arrows with an ability to stop votes or protect) and The Phoenix/SirDavs which gave her Killing/Immunity/75% vote.

So yeah, she was uber uber UBER powerful.