The Mafia Discussion Thread

At least when I was having fun, when people started thinking i was Scum, i just said I was having fun and left it at that. ours was just...yeah, I feel no sorrow for that lynch.

I've just been reading a mafia game over at Grey Labyrinth and they seem to use some kind of system whereby if there isn't a lynch decision when the deadline comes up, all votes count double (including ones already cast) and the deadline is extended for another day. Anyone think this could work on EWB, since there've been a few games recently where there's been no lynches because the active town can't make their minds up and there's too many lurkers.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Yeah, say there's 11 alive, so it's 6 to lynch, and the voting looks like this at the deadline:

Player X - 3

Player Y - 1

Player Z - 1

They'd enter the "sunset" phase and double the votes so that it's 6 to lynch but the votes now stand at:

Player X - 6

Player Y - 2

Player Z - 2

So Player X would be lynched. If there still weren't enough votes they'd have 12 hours (or whatever) to get the remaining votes (with each vote counting as two). If, when the votes are doubled, two players pass the requirement then the one with the highest vote is lynched. Not entirely sure what'd happen if they both had the same votes and passed the requirement, but I'd imagine the next one to receive a vote dies.

I had no idea you've been contemplating suicide.

And, really, I have no excuse for that.

Also, let's please not start doing things Grey Labyrinth style. They suck all the fun out of everything.

Just threaten a random lynch like Sousa does.

I say kill people who don't post in the thread. I don't care if they're sending in night actions. At a certain point you can't really replace anyone and it sucks that a couple of people can hold a game hostage when they make up the majority of necessary votes to do anything constructive at the end.