The Mafia Discussion Thread

Can someone explain the jester role to me? Thanks.

It's a role that should never be included. Ever.

The only role that tops it terms of pure uselessness, suckitude, and "why the hell did someone create this abomination" is the Beloved Princess.

Worst role ever.

It's a role where when they die the next day phase is skipped "because everyone's at her funeral". So you go from night phase where s/he's killed to another night phase.

Doesn't offend me to the core like death millers or jesters, but it does seem a bit arbitrary. The town frequently hasn't done anything to deserve it, so it's better if it's a lynch-prompted thing only. That way the whole town can be 'stricken with guilt' or something.

Since they've come up a lot recently, what's the thinking on 'find and kill Player X to win' conditions? It seems like they hardly ever require serious worthy-of-winning-the-game skill. Half the time it's because the target claims or gets investigated and you've really done nothing significant. Even when you guess someone based on logic, it's rarely such an amazing play that you've really deserved to win. If you're an investigator and you manage to pick a scum player out of nowhere, you frequently still lose. If you're the don and you manage to figure out who the vig is and kill him, you still frequently don't win. With the non-victory conditions, you can win the game based on one decision, which is often lucky.

Edited by -A-

Since they've come up a lot recently, what's the thinking on 'find a kill Player X to win' conditions? It seems like they hardly ever require serious worthy-of-winning-the-game skill. Half the time it's because the target claims or gets investigated and you've really done nothing significant. Even when you guess someone based on logic, it's rarely such an amazing play that you've really deserved to win. If you're an investigator and you manage to pick a scum player out of nowhere, you frequently still lose. If you're the don and you manage to figure out who the vig is and kill him, you still frequently don't win. With the non-victory conditions, you can win the game based on one decision, which is often lucky.

I don't like them. If a player had to kill 3 specific people or something like that then I could see it being a worthwhile win condition.

Oh wait also allow me a minor "wait no that was retarded" thing.

Dear YoungB,

Going "lol ____" at someone for making a good play, correctly steering the town back to lynching an obviously scum player, and being honestly the best option as far as someone biting the bullet goes due to inactivity and no abilities to speak of is pretty retarded.

♥,

GoGo