The Mafia Discussion Thread

What's with all the safeclaims and cults? Things kind of go in waves. When they feature in a few games people tend to include them in their own. Then they get boring and people stop including it for a while.

Edited by -A-

Ruki (Ultron) was the only transmode aligned player at the beginning of the game. All the others were town that were converted.

Hope that helps :)

Yeah, but unless I call up all the game runners and say "YOU, person who ran X game 2 and a half years ago - were there any alignment changes, and if so who and when?", I won't be able to track that. So, you know, fuck it.

What's with all the safeclaims and cults? Things kind of go in waves. When they feature in a few games people tend to include them in their own. Then they get boring and people stop including it for a while.

I think fakeclaims were introduced so that games stopped turning into a huge roleclaim fest (well, less so <_<)

Edit: And naiwf, no, not really, the main power of being a don is making the choice over who gets nightkilled. It's only semi-recently that every Don has been immune to lynches.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Why wouldn't they be? Isn't that the main benefit of being the don?

Not always, it's just a matter of preference for whoever's running the game. Sometimes they're immune to lynches, sometimes they turn up town when investigated, sometimes they just have an extra goon. It's just whatever you feel like.

I think fakeclaims were introduced so that games stopped turning into a huge roleclaim fest (well, less so <_<)

Now you just get lynched because apparently you got a really unbelievable one and didn't know it :shifty:

Why wouldn't they be? Isn't that the main benefit of being the don?

No. It varies from game to game. There doesn't necesarily have to be a benefit.

I didn't know that. Every game I've been in recently has seemed to have an unlynchable don, and in some cases unlynchable cult leaders and all kinds of other stuff designed to make being a townie even more miserable than usual. <_<

At least I haven't had to deal with cults in the current crop of games I'm in which makes me happy because cults pure evil.

Yeah, for a good while towns had a massive advantage in the majority of games here, so it seems a few people took steps to balance things and then everybody got on board and it escalated a little. I guess when people balance they have the ideal way the game will play out in their head, but luck will always play a huge part in games.