The Mafia Discussion Thread

Q: How long, as a mod, would you wait before threatening to replace someone in a game? Also, what criteria would you hold for 'going inactive'? Would it be no posts and no night actions for x amount of days, or simply no posts regardless of whether they've sent in a night action for x amount of days?

On the problem of someone who's sending in actions but not posting, I think you have to still treat them as if they're inactive. Otherwise you end up with people meta-gaming and realising 'hey, that guy hasn't posted but he's not getting replaced, he has a night action and he's sending it in.'

I think if someone goes 48 hours without posting then prod them (in-thread or by PM) and give them 24-36 hours to post or be replaced.

• Admin
On the problem of someone who's sending in actions but not posting, I think you have to still treat them as if they're inactive. Otherwise you end up with people meta-gaming and realising 'hey, that guy hasn't posted but he's not getting replaced, he has a night action and he's sending it in.'

I think that's the risk you take for playing "under the radar", as it were.

Yeah, but it's not being done as a punishment for the quiet person. The town are getting information that they shouldn't have (that someone has a night action and is using it) so the meta-gaming is more damaging to the game then the consequences of not prodding someone. I'd much prefer just to give them the prod rather than give the rest of the group more information that they shouldn't have.