The Mafia Discussion Thread

I'd personally try making the don immune from investigation to begin with. If that doesn't work you can always tweak with it for the next game, but adding another goon may make it too easy for the scum and I'm unsure about the immune don thing.

Oh and less bitching about Calvinball, people. It's not TRW's fault that we've never had a proper definition of a traditional game. Is it no theme to the characters, no power roles, few power roles (how do you define "few"?), no posting restrictions, no posting restrictions that hinder the players' ability to get their point across? No wonder people are unsure.

Good stuff, that's the option I shall go for.

On Calvinball: I'm not blaming TRW at all, except for the fact that he chose to modkill FD for putting his compliment in the next post. If the crazy rules are pretty much in the background then it's fine. If you're getting modkilled for tiny mistakes then they play a much bigger part in the game.

It doesn't even matter what your definition of Traditional is because he gave a player the ability to do whatever the fuck they wanted and that's led to crazy shit that's taken over the game. I thought after the Bad Mafia Player round in WMIIA we had a better idea what made a Traditional game and it's 'spotting scum vs. avoiding suspicion' with no crazy shit added just for the sake of it. When the randomness seriously affects almost every post then it's gone too far. Whoever has the Calvin role is to blame anyway, not TRW :@

EDIT: Lights Out is a game where you can lynch as many people as you want in the day, but you only get to see their alignments when you vote to go to the night period. Everything else is just like a Traditional game, it's an Open set-up:

14 Player Game

1 Godfather

3 Goons

1 Investigator (50% Chance)

1 Protector (50% Chance)

8-10 Townies

Edited by -A-

Dear Newbies,

Somebody is not scummy (nor worth prodding) because they haven't been online in the FIVE HOURS since the game thread went up.

Sincerely,

MPH

I might be wrong, but I think someone was simply saying that they want to hear from Slogger and Cloudy, not accusing them of being scummy.

Dear Josh,

Your display picture makes me hungry.

Explosively signed,

Ruki

You and me both, cuz.

I'm sure you don't have them in Jackmanland, but should you ever find yourself near a Culver's you have GOTTA throw down on a Triple Deluxe Butter Burger with cheddar and bacon, family-sized onion rings, some variety of drink, and a concrete of some sort.

Oh, and those are ACTUAL THINGS.

I may die at 38 of a world-record heart attack, but damn, I am gonna ENJOY getting there.