The Mafia Discussion Thread

Or because it's easier to type and a large enough portion of people here know what it means? I'm not casually using some bizarre term to confuse people, I've spent long enough typing 'lynch correctly or lose' and I can't be bothered any more.

Having just read through the ending of Fabtraption... Jesus Christ, RW is frightening when he's given a scum role.

*is a pokemon attack*

But you're not very effective.

:lmao: that was awful but I laughed anyway.

Roles that should never, ever be town-aligned:

1) Roleblocker

2) Bus driver

The bus driver I can understand, but I've made good use of town-aligned roleblockers before. The Ashley role in Webcom, for example, was a town-aligned roleblocker role that worked out excellent both times I used it for my games. Granted, the person who gets the role may dictate its usefulness as a town role, but... it CAN be used as an excellent town role, in my opinion.

I think that's really wrong. I've had town aligned roleblockers before, and I've only just realised (after the last game that I used it in, I've since retired it from my games) how bad it is. It is only good if you decide that the mafia's kill can be roleblocked, otherwise it has a fairly minimal impact on the game.

Now I think it's the trait of a lazy game runner trying to round up to generate enough roles. I've certainly done that before.

I can't believe there are so many towns playing so poorly at once.

Yup, it actually hurts to watch. People are getting too caught up in always having to make a perfect decision, risks aren't accepted any more on EWB, and everyone's so fucking stubborn about everything. It's not even fun to play half of these games any more, it's a chore getting people to go on a bandwagon that doesn't have 100% proof.

There's a big difference between hinting at something that would be revealed later anyway and throwing your hands up and saying "Fuck it, I don't want to play anymore" and then not giving another willing participant the opportunity to do so when about seven people have asked for spots and been shut out. The former really has nothing on the latter. I gave you a spot exactly because I thought you'd do well, and I shut other people out who would've had fun with the game. Taking your ball and going home is an incredibly assholish thing to do in this situation.

There's a big difference between hinting at something that would be revealed later anyway and throwing your hands up and saying "Fuck it, I don't want to play anymore" and then not giving another willing participant the opportunity to do so when about seven people have asked for spots and been shut out. The former really has nothing on the latter. I gave you a spot exactly because I thought you'd do well, and I shut other people out who would've had fun with the game. Taking your ball and going home is an incredibly assholish thing to do in this situation.

And I didn't say it wasn't. The fact was, I was getting lynched anyway, I felt it was a (dickish) tactical ploy to help the town so they can still make a correct lynch. If I'd given my spot to someone else, what would it have mattered? They'd have just been lynched instead.

I still say you've got no grounds to call someone a dick for going against the spirit of the game, whether it's two different matters or not.

Edit: Ruki, it was mine and Ross'.

Edited by Footjob Fever