The Mafia Discussion Thread

After reading someone suggest a Top 10 players of the year list in the 'Scummies' thread, I have had an idea to do a 'Power 10' much like the Power 25 in the Dome. Each month everyone votes for their top 5 players of the month, a reason why, and I shall put together a top 10. That sound like a plan?

Sounds like a plan.

You will need to define things though pretty quickly. Is it for games that have ended, so people can only be nominated for their performance once the dust has settled or just for whatever they are doing... so if one guy outs like three mafia guys in a game that is still running he can get nominated? :shifty:

• Admin
After reading someone suggest a Top 10 players of the year list in the 'Scummies' thread, I have had an idea to do a 'Power 10' much like the Power 25 in the Dome. Each month everyone votes for their top 5 players of the month, a reason why, and I shall put together a top 10. That sound like a plan?

This is the kind of initiative I like to see in here.

Well done.

And well done to Sousa for the Scummy Awards too.

And to -A- & TEOL for the Resource Thread.

And to Pesci for maintaining the Survival list.

I don't think there really needs to be any critiquing, outside of the final rundown, maybe. If I'm playing as scum with someone in a currently-running game then I might feel like putting him in my list. If he makes it into the top 10, then his particularly good performance might not be mentioned in the profile bit, but everyone's got a history of good play, pretty much. We just get into trouble when Split Second or MOP turn amazing overnight and quarterback their mafia close to victory with a series of bold fakeclaims.

This is the kind of initiative I like to see in here.

Well done.

And well done to Sousa for the Scummy Awards too.

And to -A- & TEOL for the Resource Thread.

And to Pesci for maintaining the Survival list.

Tanks for giving me a foot rub, even when I don't ask for one

({)

But surely they should get nominated for specific games? Therefore making it current and specific to each month. Rather than just... oh yeah, GoGo is good. So is Pesci. And you get the same list every month.

By looking at finished games for each month, players like RW may get votes for an incredible fakeclaim in CHIKARA Mafia 2. But then the next month, get nothing as he got mod-killed in WRTVA!

Ah, fair enough. Even if a game comes right at the cut-off, it won't be forgotten before the next one comes around. The only problem will probably be the massive games which drag on for 3 months, but that's just another reason why they suck :shifty:

So the Power 10 is a great idea... but I was thinking.

As well as posting a top five, how about picking a "poor performance" as well. This wouldn't be ranked but would the break in cases of tie-breaks over a month. Like someone messing up badly, or trying something too clever or getting modkilled for not paying attention?

It may be too much too soon, but something I was pondering.