The Mafia Discussion Thread

I enjoy being SK, it's fun. sure, it's hard...but still fun.

Although, I think RW might be on the right path, I think the SK in his game needed 5 kills?

Wasn't there a wrestling themed game a bit back where the player needed to kill 4 or 5 players to win? (I believe they were Bart Gunn)

Yeah, the 5-Kill system seems a good idea.

Although, I think RW might be on the right path, I think the SK in his game needed 5 kills?

Wasn't there a wrestling themed game a bit back where the player needed to kill 4 or 5 players to win? (I believe they were Bart Gunn)

That was WWF 1999, and it was C-MIL.

Seems stupid to me, the challenge is then basically "survive 5 night phases".

• Admin

That was WWF 1999, and it was C-MIL.

Seems stupid to me, the challenge is then basically "survive 5 night phases".

I like to give the SK's in my games a chance of winning, so usually set them a target - C-MIL's was 5 unique kills (so targeting someone the Mafia/Vig were as well wouldn't count), and HTTK's will be revealed in due course.

Completing 5 Unique Kills without being lynched, nightkilled by a scum, nightkilled by a vig, blocked, investigated, bus-driven etc. is harder than you would think.

Better than the absurdity of last man standing though.

And as for SK's...*cough*CHIKARA2*cough*... I quite enjoy them

You need to give SKs some kind of bonus if you expect them to make it to end game. At the very least, give them immunity to something that usually foils them -- investigations or a nightkill, or something.

That's what I did in Phoenix Wright Mafia--Shelly de Killer couldn't be investigated. Straight SK's that have to survive to the end to win the game are at a phenomenal disadvantage, particularly when a game turns into a roleclaimfest at endgame--as it always does. A Mafia can win with three or four town players remaining; a serial killer, quite simply, cannot. It's a broken role, and I hate it when I get it.

Except in the first Chikara Mafia when I found out I'd go insane and kill anyone who targeted me after I was lynched. That was awesome.

An SK that's immune to investigations, or turns up town, is usually the best option. That being said though, I could care less, so long as the SK has to be the last man standing... that's just how I prefer it, and that's how I almost won Anime Mafia too. SKs are really, really fun to have if you find pleasure in navigating minefields and making smart decisions.

Seriously, I'd hate to be an SK that didn't have the condition to make it to the end, it just comes off cheap to me otherwise. Sure, you can make it difficult by having them have to specifically target certain players, but honestly at that point they're not a Serial Killer role anymore, they're a Hunter role. There is a difference between an SK and a Hunter.

So, like I said, I just prefer "last man standing" SKs who, at most, have investigation protection.

Returning home from a long and annoyingly painful day at work to find out you've been lynched this far away from an end game by people who are following scum for no real reason besides 'he's suspicious ... I forgot why, I'm just looking for an easy bandwagon because I can't be bothered actually taking my time with this lynch to consider the options' equals massive frustration.

Returning home from a long and annoyingly painful day at work to find out you've been lynched this far away from an end game by people who are following scum for no real reason besides 'he's suspicious ... I forgot why, I'm just looking for an easy bandwagon because I can't be bothered actually taking my time with this lynch to consider the options' equals massive frustration.

Yes because your play was so much better. Oh wait....