The Mafia Discussion Thread

• Admin

Just a side note, but going forward once Survivor has finished, could all non-Mafia games please just go directly into the Cube?

I moved Mornington Crescent this morning (though that just look dead), but I'd like to keep this area as a "Mafia Library" if you will.

Thanks

Game Cube is probably more active than the Diary Cube anyway. I agree that all non-Mafia games should be moved to the Diary Cube, and maybe if we renamed this place something Mafia-themed we'd get more people playing? Not that we don't get tonnes already, but you can never have too many. The only reason we had a sub-forum in the first place was so that we didn't spam the Cube up and there's like... one, maybe two other games running at once so that won't be an issue with them.

• Admin
Game Cube is probably more active than the Diary Cube anyway. I agree that all non-Mafia games should be moved to the Diary Cube, and maybe if we renamed this place something Mafia-themed we'd get more people playing? Not that we don't get tonnes already, but you can never have too many. The only reason we had a sub-forum in the first place was so that we didn't spam the Cube up and there's like... one, maybe two other games running at once so that won't be an issue with them.

Exactly. I've already requested a name change for this place. The Good Lord Teej will sort us out (Y)

Do you think there's a problem with small themed games? It would be easy to work out who's in the game, and surely if everyone roleclaimed; you'd have your mafia. It was a problem I encountered last time I ran DBZ Mafia, perhaps it was because I confirmed them in write-ups when I shouldn't have. I;ve learnt from that. But can small, themed games, where there is such a narrow a place for flexibility in characters (Like DBZ) work?

You'd have to include a lot of handicaps for the mafia methinks. Like death millers, multiple night kills etc. Otherwise the town will always win, as is usually the case with themed games. The best themed games are the ones where there are either a bunch of characters not included that you can fake-claim as, or in the absence of that a mafia with no real connection to eachother (so that I dunno, claiming Goku doesn't automatically make you a townie) or a shit load of stuff to make it easier for the mafia to compete.