The Mafia Discussion Thread

New pet peeve: "I don't understand the game world and thus can't participate."

Seriously, just pay attention to the way people play. It's fucking Mafia. You don't know anything about Phoenix Wright? Well you don't know anything about Generic Townie from Traditional Mafia XLVII, either. Just play the fucking agme. Argh. <_<

"HAY GUYS MEBBE SUPERMANS MORTAL ENEMY ISNT REALY ON ARE SIDE LOLZ"?

Like I ever kept you on anything other than a short leash.

New pet peeve: "I don't understand the game world and thus can't participate."

Seriously, just pay attention to the way people play. It's fucking Mafia. You don't know anything about Phoenix Wright? Well you don't know anything about Generic Townie from Traditional Mafia XLVII, either. Just play the fucking agme. Argh. <_<

If people who did know about the games would look past their fanboyism and actually try to play the game it'd help as well. Just saying.

If people who did know about the games would look past their fanboyism and actually try to play the game it'd help as well. Just saying.

Fair play there--I get sick of the type of play that revolves around determining what the Mafia roles are rather than who the Mafia players are. But it's kind of aggravating when the town has lynched two people who have come up Individual and Mafia-Aligned and still can't get anything together when that should be the best lead the non-nerds have and should give them a chance to take the game back.

Also, I do apologize for the fact that Phoenix Wright has essentially been an enormous fangasm for me and the five or six other people who have played the game. Nitro Sucks Era WCW Mafia will be a fangasm we can all get behind, promise.

Fair play there--I get sick of the type of play that revolves around determining what the Mafia roles are rather than who the Mafia players are. But it's kind of aggravating when the town has lynched two people who have come up Individual and Mafia-Aligned and still can't get anything together when that should be the best lead the non-nerds have and should give them a chance to take the game back.

Also, I do apologize for the fact that Phoenix Wright has essentially been an enormous fangasm for me and the five or six other people who have played the game. Nitro Sucks Era WCW Mafia will be a fangasm we can all get behind, promise.

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying PW Mafia a lot, and know nothing about the games.

Then again, I have a reputation of being gay for you.

Or just BEING you.

Maybe both.

Josh likes to do sick and terrible things to Di Grind. :angry:

I do terrible things to 90's MTV workout shows?

Also, on a COMPLETELY different note, someone in The FC of VM has legitimately laugh harder at a mafia game post than I ever have before. Honest to god, there were tears. Frankly, it's the stuff of legend.