The Mafia Discussion Thread

Man.

I'm going to be totally honest with you for a second.

This.

This right here?

This is why people think you're a dick.

A- I didn't ask

B- I don't care that people think I'm a dick

I just fail to realize how you coming in here and poking fun at me, and me saying that you could at least get what I said right ... makes ME a dick.

And see, that's exactly it. You don't realize it, because your immediate stock response isn't "he MUST be making a light-hearted joke about the situation," which one would think it would be because I'm fucking Sousa and that's kind of my whole thing. Your immediate stock response is "Something was said about me that can be construed as slightly negative so ARGH UMBRAGE."

See, when I come in here and make a joke about the number of times someone's been "used" in a thread--which IS the proper way to put it if you're roleclaiming as an item--the proper response isn't to say "you sir have created an inaccurate representation of what is happening in that thread and thus have failed to create an adequate joke." The proper response, one would IMAGINE, is to say something like "Plubby used me six times last night. I cried until four am. I think I'm going to move to a convent. :crying: " I could have made that joke about nearly everyone else who regularly Mafiers (the proper verb form) and their response wouldn't have been "WHAT YOU DID IT WRONG." I'm not saying you're obliged to laugh; I'm saying you're not obliged to IMMEDIATELY jump on the defensive.

It was a silly, stupid joke made entirely because of the use of the phrase "____ used me, then _____ used me." Simple as that. The proper response to that is not "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND." The proper response is to laugh.

Or continue the joke.

Or say nothing.

I wasn't making fun of you. I was making fun of the situation. The fact that you can't tell the difference and immediately assume it's the former is why you come across as a dick.

In your defense, I still have no idea what cockney rhyming slang is, despite Beeker's best efforts to explain it to me.

Replace a word with something that rhymes with it. Apples and pears = stairs. Dog and bone = phone. Ruby Murray = Curry. Johnny Cash = Slash.

Ruki's always suss in my eyes, and if GoGo says your evil, you got nooooooooo hope.

Vote: Ruki

This post annoyed me when i read that through. Ace used to say the same thing about me, if your already suspicious without doing anything, what chance do you have? I feel for you there Ruki.