The Mafia Discussion Thread

Hah! As punishment I'm going to make you scum in my next mafia, you pussy.

EDIT:

Indeed. You ARE being an emo fucktard.

I'd give you a hug but I don't know what the emoticon is for it.

"There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling"

Edited by -A-

Poor GoGo. He gets the muses in mine, and then he has to rap in Saved By The Bell. I think he's proper annoyed by all these roleposting requirements at this point >_>

So you're going to do what has already been happening always? Off the top of my head, recent games: Wire, Myth, SBTB, RW's WWF....people don't like me as town.

Also, I shouldn't have been chosen over better skilled players, as everyone knows, I lack skill.

Edit: And now I will become a bigger joke <_<

Edited by Ruki

So you're going to do what has already been happening always? Off the top of my head, recent games: Wire, Myth, SBTB, RW's WWF....people don't like me as town.

Also, I shouldn't have been chosen over better skilled players, as everyone knows, I lack skill.

Edit: And now I will become a bigger joke <_<

It'll happen. I remember getting scum roles 5 times in a row and then 9 out of 11 games I played. Wire Mafia was totally random - but if mods are deliberately picking their roles than you probably neatly fall into the category of 'Active, good player that isn't one of the supremely respected guys.' People playing a game always tend to assume that every mafia group MUST have a GoGo/Pesci/MPH/Josh and then a random assortment of other guys, so active players who aren't in that echelon are very likely to be picked for scum roles. Added to that, I think people have an instinct to want to put likeable people in the mafia so that the game doesn't get altered because people lynched HTTK because he's a prick.

GOGO!

I see you viewing this thread.

GANGSTA RAP! NOW!

I'll gangsta rap when I have something that's worth roleposting about. At least I didn't get Footjob FEVAH~!'s horrible requirement, though.

You can't use fake 'Kill: Person' posts because it's meta-gaming: an attempt to elicit a response by abusing the game mechanics rather than by playing the game.

MPH said above that it proves that you're not an Assassin, but that's not true. You could post 'Kill: Person' when your command is actually 'Suicide Kill: Person' as a ploy. That would be meta-gaming too, though.

So...Ruki's dead because the game is broken?

The best strategy is guaranteed to work...do what Ruki did: everybody posts Kill: ____ with randomly chosen people as the target, and we wait. Eight posts won't do anything as guards, two won't do anything as king & queen and as such those ten can feel free to just repeatedly do so throughout without giving away any information.

That leaves the assassins required to either use their suicide kill on someone as a shot in the dark with the worst odds they can possibly have due to game player maximization coupled with minimal in-game information to go on, or it leaves them as obviously assassins as they're the only ones not rampantly Kill: ____-ing.

Added to that, I think people have an instinct to want to put likeable people in the mafia so that the game doesn't get altered because people lynched HTTK because he's a prick.

awww boo hoo ... no lynches are still queer outside of opening day.

Thank you for proving his point.

That's why that strategy is banned and mod-killable, because it ruins the game. If you can do that, then there's no point playing.

I don't see it in the rules, and what's the point of rules if mod-killable offenses aren't listed?

I don't have the PM anymore, but the jist of it, was that TEOL didn't think he needed to put it, as he didn't think anyone was that stupid to do what I did.

That's why that strategy is banned and mod-killable, because it ruins the game. If you can do that, then there's no point playing.

I don't see it in the rules, and what's the point of rules if mod-killable offenses aren't listed?

I don't have the PM anymore, but the jist of it, was that TEOL didn't think he needed to put it, as he didn't think anyone was that stupid to do what I did.

Then TEOL is a fucking moron, because if it's not illegal, everyone already agrees it's curtains for the assassins and therefore we'd be idiots not to do it.

I sympathise with you here because I agree that it's something that should be explicitly stated. I also agree that it's something that potentially ruins that game though. I wouldn't have considered it as a game-breaking move unless I'd played in the game type before.

Then TEOL is a fucking moron, because if it's not illegal, everyone already agrees it's curtains for the assassins and therefore we'd be idiots not to do it.

I think TEOL meant that he assumed people would know it was forbidden, so he didn't need to state it. Not that he assumed nobody would do it. It wouldn't be curtains for the Assassins, either - they might have to submit their kills by PM or post something more specific like 'Suicide Kill: Person' or 'Suicide Attack: Person'

Edited by -A-