The Mafia Discussion Thread

Here's a question for you guys. When running mafias, do you guys prefer the method of telling everyone when endgame is possible during a certain phase, or do you prefer to have them find out when you post the endgame? Don't take this to mean that endgame is looming in The Devil's Rejects. I'm just curious.

I only ever announce an end-game when the end-game is literally upon everyone and there's nothing they can do to stop it. That, and when end-game is announced, I freeze everything in-game anyway, so people can't take back votes/etc. or, if it's night, people can't change targets/send in late ability PMs/etc.

Basically, when end-game gets triggered, that's when it's announced. Otherwise, I tend not to tell anyone anything about there being a possible endgame coming.

Question regarding a scenario during a night phase:

A blocks B

B blocks C

C kills A

What happens? I ran a game on another forum a bit back and this scenario reared its head. In the end I think I went with order in which they were sent in. Would any of you guys done anything differently?

B has been blocked by A, so B can't block C. Therefore, C kills A.

But if C kills A, who is there to block B?

I did end up doing this, though, due to the order the actions were sent in.

I never called them skilled mafia players anywhere. I just did it because it's fun to keep track of. RW added the skilled thing into the waiting list thread.

That's where I saw it, RW added it on. Okie Dokie, I just knew I'd seen it somewhere and that's what triggered the thought process.

Edited by HailtotheKing

My only point of playing mafia was personal gain. I did the whole go for the team shit early and then I realized it wasn't rewarding to be fucked last second of a deserving win every time cause mafia finally realizes that you beat them.

Meh, any time I do anything half-decent people suck my dick so I get enough of a reward from being a martyr :shifty:

Guest Mr. Potato Head

So my Scrubs role.

I was the Janitor. I had three minions (GoGo, Split, blaze), and they had to post anything I told them to. I also had a kill.

And better yet, my win condition was to be the last player remaining.

Yeah, I was Ted. As Essa and nabeel both alluded to, nabeel and I had to vote for whoever Essa told us to vote for (he was Kelso). Which made me... individual. I think? I really don't know. Also, I couldn't win with my team, I had to get lynched. It should also be noted that I had no idea nabeel was on my team until Essa posted it in the thread (and Norro confirmed it).