The Mafia Discussion Thread

• Admin

The discussion has died off a little, so here is my proposal:

6 games running at any time.

Games still have to be registered on the waiting list, and done so with the game mapped out already - if you design a game for 12 players, that's it, no expanding it during the sign-ups.

If you miss your turn when it comes up (i.e. No sign-up thread within 48hrs of receiving a PM from me saying "Go"), you will be removed from the list.

The 6 Games will be as follows:

1 - A Traditional Mafia, with little or no abilities & power roles (such as Traditional Mafia, 12 Angry Men etc)

2 - A Large Mafia, for games with 26+ players (and these will only be available to those who have proven they can run successful smaller games first)

3 - A Medium Mafia, for games between 16 and 25 players

4 - A Medium Mafia, for games between 16 and 25 players

5 - A Small Mafia, for games between 5 and 15 players

6 - A Mafia as chosen by a poll of the Cube members.

Thoughts?

Games where the roles don't use a theme from something, but are generic. I think the main definition for me is simply: if it makes sense for two players to be assigned the same role, it's traditional. So games with roles like 'vanilla townie' are traditional, because you can have as many as you like, but something like Mythology Mafia isn't because you can only have one Zeus, for instance.

So, those who run smaller games get a better chance of running one. I like the whole idea, I think it evens things up a lot. You said their's no room for expanding, what happens if you don't get enough sign ups? Say for example a 35+ planned game got 21 sign ups. Would it still go through as that'd count as a medium sized game?

Where would Plubby's Golden City games fall?

I would say traditional. They use generic roles.

To clarify: I think it really needs to be decided on a case by case basis. What I suggested wasn't meant as a be-all end-all, simply a rule of thumb.

Edited by The Evil Overlord