The Mafia Discussion Thread

I'm running a one person game.

Sign-ups are open now.

In!

Player List

1. Josh

It is now Night 1. You have one second to submit actions.

Josh has been killed. He was Josh-oo-wuh, Only Player In The Game-Aligned Only Player In The Game.

Congratulations to the game's winner, Josh-oo-wuh.

Add it to the rankings, Pesci.

I'm running a one person game.

Sign-ups are open now.

In!

Player List

1. Josh

It is now Night 1. You have one second to submit actions.

Josh has been killed. He was Josh-oo-wuh, Only Player In The Game-Aligned Only Player In The Game.

Congratulations to the game's winner, Josh-oo-wuh.

Add it to the rankings, Pesci.

i lol'd

Well for starters, I think that we need to look at who wants to run a game, the desired size they want for the game, and then decide on things from there. Example being:

Let's say I wanted to do Webcomic Mafia IV at some point. First of all, every Webcom Mafia sequel was able to top its predecessor's player list size, so we'd be looking at a game nearing 40 people involved if it kept that tradition. Webcom Mafia has become a staple series of the Game Cube so a lot of people would be interested, chances are we'd see a huge game with a lot of people wanting to play.

Obviously, this is going to be a large game and would also want to get started when everything was ready. Typically, very few people would object to something like that happening.

Now, let's say that a person who hasn't ran a mafia game before comes up with a concept everyone loves, joins in on, and because he gave the option for it he now has a game almost the same size as, say, Webcom IV would (presumably) be. The question is, if we stick to only one large game running at once, what happens then? Does one of the two games get chosen to either A) Run first, or B) Reduce their player size, or C) Do they both get to run anyway because their sign-ups are finished?

We need to have a system, sure, but it needs flexibility. People will have ideas that people love, we need to judge not only the people involved, but the ideas behind the game and the person running it. We need to be able to say "Okay, even though we already have a large game going, it's obvious that this game not only needs to be large, but its game runner is capable of handling it. Since they were given the chance to start sign-ups, they deserve to be given the chance."

I say, basically, we TRY to maintain the system.. but if sign-ups go up for a game and the game gets more players then expected, I honestly don't see the merit in punishing the game runner for having a more popular idea than they expected. It's going to be on them to decide if they want to work with all the people who signed up, or if they're going to make cuts. I think it should stay that way.