The Mafia Discussion Thread

So, if I designed a game, would someone else run it for me? You know, being a lazy bastard and all.

Yeah, I might could help you out with that. I suppose it depends on how work-intensive it would be. If you're not looking for big write-ups, I could probably swing it.

And public outcry should be able to move a game further up the list so that good game-runners can be preferred. There's a pretty long chunk of games by people who haven't run that many, every now and then it should be possible to bump a Sousa or MPH game up to the top if they're amenable. Although Saved by the Bell is going to be the greatest game of all time.

I'd rather we just give people a few days to get their sign-up thread posted and if they don't, we move onto the next person. People on a waiting list should have as fair a chance as anybody else. You can't give people preferential treatment - if that's going to happen the list should just go.

And I still maintain that the main problem is people signing up to a game, not liking their role, and then not bothering to pay much attention to the game. This wouldn't stop that at all.

Bingo. It's not rocket science. There's no formula to this. People are just selfish and lazy, in the most basic of terms.

And public outcry should be able to move a game further up the list so that good game-runners can be preferred. There's a pretty long chunk of games by people who haven't run that many, every now and then it should be possible to bump a Sousa or MPH game up to the top if they're amenable. Although Saved by the Bell is going to be the greatest game of all time.

I'd rather we just give people a few days to get their sign-up thread posted and if they don't, we move onto the next person. People on a waiting list should have as fair a chance as anybody else. You can't give people preferential treatment - if that's going to happen the list should just go.

And I still maintain that the main problem is people signing up to a game, not liking their role, and then not bothering to pay much attention to the game. This wouldn't stop that at all.

Bingo. It's not rocket science. There's no formula to this. People are just selfish and lazy, in the most basic of terms.

Which is why I try to make all my roles as interesting as possible. Throwing in additional non-role related events in the game thread also tends to help. Unfortunately, keeping track of everything is a huge bother.

I just stick to running traditional games. People can't say they only signed up to play as their favourite character then. <_<

Oh, and RW hasn't replied to any of my PMs, which I find a bit disappointing.

Edited by The Enclave Overlord

• Admin
I just stick to running traditional games. People can't say they only signed up to play as their favourite character then. <_<

Oh, and RW hasn't replied to any of my PMs, which I find a bit disappointing.

I blame the alcohol personally.

The contents of said PMs are intriguing though.