The Mafia Discussion Thread

But without guidance how would they know "what a protector should do", if you're just throwing them amongst other people who don't know how to play the only people they're going to learn from are people not worth learning from (else they wouldn't be in the game).

It could work, but nowhere near as well as with a couple of more experienced players to guide them IMO.

Then the more experienced players should give a post-game wrap-up of the good and bad moves made. If there's only 7 players you're looking at what, 6v1, 5v2 maybe? Wouldn't even take that long; I'd do it.

I think I'd be using the mafia scum system, which is pretty good IMO. 7 players, 2 are always mafia - that's set in stone. However, it's a good idea to introduce cops and doctors so people can get their brains around strategies relating to the most basic powers. So, I'll randomly pick one of the following set-ups when creating the game:

2 scum, 1 doc, 1 cop, 3 townies

2 scum, 1 doc, 4 townies

2 scum, 1 cop, 4 townies

2 scum, 5 townies.

The reason for this is so that you can't rely on knowing which powers are out there. If you always stick a cop and a doctor in the game, then the sensible play is for the cop to out himself on the first day and rely on the doctor staying silent and protecting him, which leads to a 'do what the cop tells you' mentality that doesn't really teach anyone anything.

While we're doing mafias based on marginally relevant comic character actors, I'm pleased to announce Fred Willard Mafia and Stephen Root Mafia are also coming soon.

... Fred Willard Mafia oh god. I call dibs on one of his Christopher Guest movie roles since I sure as hell don't want any role he's done in like the past ten years otherwise.

While we're doing mafias based on marginally relevant comic character actors, I'm pleased to announce Fred Willard Mafia and Stephen Root Mafia are also coming soon.

... Fred Willard Mafia oh god. I call dibs on one of his Christopher Guest movie roles since I sure as hell don't want any role he's done in like the past ten years otherwise.

Wall-E says hi.

And I call dibs on his character from that.

GoGo is Mike LaFontaine, Fred Willard-Aligned Manager of the New Main Street Singers Who Wants to Know WHA' HAPPENED?.

It's an investigator role. Each night, you PM me a player and ask them WHA' HAPPENED.

GoGo is Mike LaFontaine, Fred Willard-Aligned Manager of the New Main Street Singers Who Wants to Know WHA' HAPPENED?.

It's an investigator role. Each night, you PM me a player and ask them WHA' HAPPENED.

:lmao:

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Okay, yeah, I forgot he was in WALL-E too, that's fair.

BEST ROLE EVER.

So, I'm working on a Mafia Resources post. I've included descriptions of every role type I can find (including things like the different kind of protections a mafia Don can have,) an explanation of cults and a description of WIFOM logic. What else would be good to include? I'm hesitant to include something like a 'tells' section because it's all subjective and there are plenty of players who do scummy things even when they're town. What else can I put in there? Is there any purpose to including a glossary with terms like 'Hammer vote' or 'Bandwagon'? A section on '*DIAMOND CUTTER*?

Edited by -A-