The Mafia Discussion Thread

As long as it's not the bastardized mythology of God of War, go for it.

Nah, it'd stick to the pure mythology of each one. I just wanted to start with Roman/Greek, probably will segue that into Norse and then just move on from there.

I'm pretty sure TradMaf is finished either way. Even if it's not technically done, the game's finished. And even if the game somehow struggles through another day or two, you can probably open sign-ups now and have the game ready to go the moment it's officially completed.

So a few of you (since it hasn't been that long) may have seen the "What is The Forum?" link in my signature? The Forum is actually two games I plan to run, both similar to (but inherently different from) standard Mafia. In all likelihood, they'll also be unrelated to each other, but I'm using the same name for both games, which is essentially a game that plays with the conventions of Mafia--each in two different ways. In both games, The Forum will refer to something different. I'll run one of them through the standard line--after The Tick and Phoenix Wright--but the other I'll start on my own time.

Why? Because it's going to happen on an offsite forum I'll prepare myself.

Basically, I want to gauge interest now to figure out how many people would be interested in playing a game on an offsite forum. There will be some standard Mafia rules, but the forum itself will be a significant part of the game. I don't want to give too much away, but everyone will be joining via an account I'll have set up on the forum myself--an account that will already have a posting history on said forum.

Of course, I don't want to go to all of the trouble of doing this if no one will be interested, so I want to gauge interest. If you're interested, PM me--don't tell me here. Anonymity from one's EWB identity is a significant part of the game, and I don't want anyone putting two and two together.

Of course, ask questions here if you want. I'll try to clarify in as un-glib a way as possible.

If that's a concern, I can easily pare it back. Nothing's been started yet, so I can do my best to make it less time consuming if that'd make it more appealing. MPH expressed a similar concern, so I'll keep that in mind as the game takes shape.