The Mafia Discussion Thread

... I'm almost regretting protecting myself now for the sheer amazingness that would have brought to the game.

Still, my whole plan with protecting myself was to fuck with the minds of the mob. I was trying to make reads and calls based on how people were acting in the thread and how I felt the mob would view me at the time. I knew me surviving that first night worked well in my favor because it laid groundwork for me, but beyond that it was mostly guesswork to see if I could first find someone worth protecting and then second trick the mob into thinking I was only protecting myself. I thought for certain LD was going to get the axe the night I targeted him, which is why I targeted him.

Maybe it's easier being on the outside and looking in but it was clear to me that there was conning shenanigans going on and I can't believe that the town didn't consider that.

Definitely easier on the outside looking in. Molly's ability was easily faked so the fact that she turned up Envy, though surprising, wasn't so far-fetched that I immediately thought conjob. I have to say though that's an awesome idea for a role with the numbers thing, albeit a really good way to investigate multiple parties of people at once and narrow the suspect field down drastically much faster.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Maybe it's easier being on the outside and looking in but it was clear to me that there was conning shenanigans going on and I can't believe that the town didn't consider that.

Definitely easier on the outside looking in. Molly's ability was easily faked so the fact that she turned up Envy, though surprising, wasn't so far-fetched that I immediately thought conjob. I have to say though that's an awesome idea for a role with the numbers thing, albeit a really good way to investigate multiple parties of people at once and narrow the suspect field down drastically much faster.

Not as cool as you might think, as Ruki learned. It could have been abused with questions like "what are the sign-up numbers of the players who are scum?".

And Ego, would it have been that easy if you hadn't known Molly's real alignment?

... point taken. I still think it's a good idea for a role, it just needs tweaking and controlling to discourage/disable abuse.

Well firstly i thought the play was terrible if she and SDM were scum. So bad that I couldnt believe it to be true. Then Pesci said something after she turned up scum that made me think he conned her. Then I just caved and asked her :P

He seemed to do fine in my game.

That being said the fact that he dropped out when he was under all of that pressure was basically a big "fuck you" to everyone-- including the gamerunner-- in the game. If he was scum it'd be immature and really disrespectful, like those kids on UFC who drop out of matches when you're beating them. Since he was townie though it screams to me that he was just too fucking lazy to defend himself and decided to try and let someone else do it instead. Either way, it's really annoying that he'd do that :/

Man, I tell you. We finally get our own Mafia forum and suddenly there are people forcing gamerunners to end their games because they're not going their way, and others too lazy to defend their own play in games when basically anyone playing mafia will have to at some point. Not the proudest of starts for our independence, people :P

I've never really had a problem with Eddie in games until Bakers Dozen Mafia where he basically didn't even try and disabled us from the off.

Yeah, that did pretty much screw you guys over. Especially cause if he hadn't suddenly bottomed out then you wouldn't have had to rush to cover him and it wouldn't have been so painfully obvious you were scum.

I am confused. Where did Ruki's 10 Mafia go? It's not in the archives or anywhere near the Mafia Cube.

And I played a totally shitty game in that one. Apologies to Pesci for waterlogging him down at times.

That's alright, you did better than adameast and MPH by actually surviving past Day 2 <_<