Crackdown

Buford Ripley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeokage

How long did that take? My brother swam for about 10 minutes but kept changing direction or jumping out of the water so I couldn't quite tell if the repetition was happening.

Played the demo over the weekend, and brought the game today, its very, very, very very very sodding fun, though I seem to die a lot more in game than I did in demo. I haven't done much so far, just taken three weapon house places and killed the first gang'captain' person.

Was disappointed there was no split screen multi-player, had a mate over and it would have been so much fun.

But yeah, generally enjoying it so far.

From Los Mertos, I've killed about four of their gang, the money man you get early on, the drug guy with the night club, the woman who recruits for them, and the guy who customises rides in that huge garage.

I've found the weapons guy in the lighthouse, but haven't had that much of a go at killing him yet, I tried once and died, then had to go to bed! I've found the don's house too, but I'm not going for him until I'm a lot better.

Does killing the gang leaders etc have an obvious effect on that gang during the game from now on? For example now I've filled the man in charge of doing the gangs cars, will their cars now be obviously worse for the rest of the game?

Also, once you eliminate a gang, does that gang just disappear from the game, or do you still gte random meatheads from that gang trying to kill you for ever?

I'm at a similar point to Timmayy. I've just beaten Los Muertos & am knee deep in The Volk at the moment, who I'm getting through slowly but surely.

My stats are:

Agility: ***

Firearms: ***

Explosives: **

Strength: ****

Driving: ***

This game is awesome. I'm really digging it, and only got it because it came free in the 360 bundle pack I bought.

My explosives were really low until just recently, when I realised I could swipe the enemies rocket launcher guns and use them myself. Much better than those pathetic grenades.

I suck at the rooftop races & driving races, so haven't scored many ability levels from those - which makes this final agility star absolute HELL to get. I've collected about 250 agility orbs now, and still have a long way to go using this method.

Great game, though.

Got the game yesterday, but I was waaaaay too ill to play it so started it properly this morning.

So far I've eliminated two members of Los Muertos, and have managed to lose the Agency Truck somewere...I need to find the Tower now. Managed to get all but one supply point returned, I think...

Agility and Strength are at two stars, firearms at one (about to get two, I think) and Driving and Explosives are at 25 and 10 a piece. Am I the only person who sucks at using grenades?

Got a grenade launcher from a Los Muertos random, and I'm getting pretty high levels with it now. Got three stars on Agility, Strength & Firearms now, plus hidden orbs are my friends for the other two.

Wiped out Los Muertos earlier; the two hardest bosses/leaders/whatever were the fight in the car stadium (simply because of the sheer number and lack of places to hide) and the lighthouse (simply because they're hidden all over the fucking place, and the boss is so completely isolated). Although the lighthouse has so far given me the best moment, because I finally jumped up the side of the rocks to the boss' position, I've got no ammo and hardly any health left, and I boot him off the top and on to the rocks, killing him instantly. So cool.

So, I'm looking at the various Tree-Siddy deals around because I want to get a new-gen console, and something on the Game website offered Gears of War, this and a Premium Tree-Siddy for £280. It's a good deal, but what I'm looking for is some information on the average lifespan of the games in question; primarily single player, it has to be said.