Final Fantasy

Benji

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeokage

It was just after that point where I stopped playing VIII last time. Combination of "levels too low" and school exams/university starting I think.

IX! It has the best music of any FF game. Sometimes I just leave it on the title screen to listen to the Flute. :shifty:

This was a very valuable post.

This thread has given me the inspiration to replay through a FF game. And it's great that I just got Tactics for Christmas. Unfortunitly, I suck at it, I'm having trouble at Battle 4. Those damn mages.

Sadly, I was better at the game when I was 9.

Edited by Rashid

Add me to the list of people who've started a new file.

While we're at it, add me to the list of people who've never beaten FFVII.

Now that I think about it, I'm awful at RPGs. I always get so far in, and then just stop playing. It's never because of difficulty either, I just always seem to get bored. You know, unless Pokémon games count, I can't think of a single RPG game I've ever fully beaten. >_<

The only ones I haven't beaten are the online ones, and the ones that have an additional name (EG: Tactics, DoC, Mystic Quest, etc)

The weird thing is, I could only finish FF8 once. Even if I loaded up the exact same file that I used for finishing it the first time, I always get killed... =\

Aye, my (only) FFVII game came to a halt a few months back when I realised just how astonishingly underlevelled my characters are. It's strange, FFX is the only game of the series where I actually find levelling up/sidequests both straightforward and semi-enjoyable. I think the sidequests difficulty is due to the World Map setup that the prior FFs have and FFX doesn't, because I'm not at all inclined to go running around it aimlessly looking for areas that may or may not be there/accessable/easy enough to beat. ¬_¬

For anyone joining me in playing FF9,

I'm at Lindblum for the first time just after the battle with Black Waltz No. 3 on the airship. Before the festival of the hunt, I'm going to go levelling up, despite the fact that I'm quite strong already. Does anyone remember any equipment that you can get here for one time only. Stuff that is the only way to get certain abilities and such. Thanks. (Y)

For anyone joining me in playing FF9,

I'm at Lindblum for the first time just after the battle with Black Waltz No. 3 on the airship. Before the festival of the hunt, I'm going to go levelling up, despite the fact that I'm quite strong already. Does anyone remember any equipment that you can get here for one time only. Stuff that is the only way to get certain abilities and such. Thanks. (Y)

That's exactly where I was before I lost the disc. :thumbsdown: